+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hopefully you ll get through soon :)
What was your last activity in the cbsa notes?
My security was initiated on 21 June but SS started on 30 August so in the game too
For security part last update is security was start on 20 March and SS start on 26 June in progress by CBSA.

Faizahr4

Oct 18, 2019
Does any one know of a good lawyer for mandamus?
My AOR is october 10, 2017 with SS for spouse starting on April 27, 2018. Till date, we have no favourable update.
We tried contacting the MP, ordered ATIP notes several times but to no avail.

Everyone in our acquaintance who also applied around the same time as us has received their PPR. Seems like we are stuck in a dead end with them sleeping on our files.

we are considering mandamus now. Or atleast sending a demand letter. For that, we contact two lawyers, Mathew Jeffrey and Bellisimo but both have quoted fee for first consultation and seem really expensive.

someone on this thread earlier posted that he got his demand letter filed for 2000$. I would appreciate if others would pour in their experience.

Help me out guys!
Thanks
Anyone please???

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Usually CSIS doesn’t take long time for security screening and most time with CBSA and IRCC when looking for final approval. You said your spouse screening check start on 27 April 2018 but When exactly CSIS received the request from CBSA ?

Faizahr4

Oct 18, 2019
Usually CSIS doesn’t take long time for security screening and most time with CBSA and IRCC when looking for final approval. You said your spouse screening check start on 27 April 2018 but When exactly CSIS received the request from CBSA ?
That we don’t know of. How do we find that out through our notes? Is there a way?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
That we don’t know of. How do we find that out through our notes? Is there a way?
In CBSA you’ll find in ADMISSIBILITIES part under SUB ACTIVITIES the created date is security check start and the updated date is security screening start process date. For CSIS you’ll find in their report when received request from CBSA and required items process

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
There have been 8 weeks since I passed eligibility and my security started, and there has been no update in my CIC account. I ordered CSBA and CSIS notes from getgcms.com 30 days ago, but there are not arriving yet. I have heard anecdotal stories that if three months have passed and security is still not cleared, then it is highly likely that the applicant is under CSS. How true do you think this viewpoint is? I am getting increasingly worried. Please shed some light on this...
The only way to know is through CBSA note so be optimistic and wait for the notes.

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
There have been 8 weeks since I passed eligibility and my security started, and there has been no update in my CIC account. I ordered CSBA and CSIS notes from getgcms.com 30 days ago, but there are not arriving yet. I have heard anecdotal stories that if three months have passed and security is still not cleared, then it is highly likely that the applicant is under CSS. How true do you think this viewpoint is? I am getting increasingly worried. Please shed some light on this...

By now, you should accept CSS which takes about 6-8 months on average from the SS start date that can only be revealed through CBSA notes. Acceptance is the first step and gives peace of mind that it will eventually take time so sit back and relax. If ppr comes, well and good, but accepting SS would do you good in every way.

Reactions: YoYo81

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
You are right about accepting the reality. I will wait for my CBSA notes to see if I am actually under CSS. I just crossed 3-month mark since eAOR, and only 13 out of the 450 people on Immitracker's august eAOR monitoring system have got their PPR so far, and all the others, including me, are still waiting, but I don't think all of us have been sent to CSS, so now everything is just pure guessing without the notes.
Oh, if it’s been that long only then I guess you should wait. You mentioned that you security was initiated 8 weeks ago hence my remark about accepting SS because it eliminates the “wait”.

Shizzfooka

Oct 29, 2019
Yeah. Actually this is what confuses me. According to multiple threads on this forum and immitracker, only a few people can clear their security within days, and the vast majority have to wait between 2---3 months as this is the normal timeframe for most people's security checks. Thus, I am not quite sure how long on earth a normal security check should take. Legalfalcon has also stated in a thread about background check that the average processing time for security is between 60 and 90 days, therefore I reckon that an 8-week wait doesn't automatically indicate a CSS. I am OK with a long wait as I haven't graduated yet, so I still have my post graduation work permit which should be enough to cover the remaining waiting time for my PR, but I'm just confused about the real average time. For example, on Immitracker, only 20% of June eAORs have got PPR, and they are already crossing the six-month mark, but can we deduce that most of them have been sent to CSS? Don't get me wrong, I just want a discussion on this topic, and I am not blaming you for diminishing my hope:)
Tbh, I don’t follow immitracker because it has a portion of applicants only, and also adds to the anxiety with the passage of time. As per recent trends and from what I know through people who had been in SS, 2-3 months since eligibility passed and security started has a high probability of CSS. Your case may be different because you are an inland applicant (my guess from your previous reply), but for FSW, in most cases, this is the drill. Only a few come out of security checks within 2-3 months.
I know you aren’t blaming me, so don’t worry :)
Let me know your app details like AOR, background status change dates, etc etc

nathan_2010

Sep 9, 2019
In CBSA you’ll find in ADMISSIBILITIES part under SUB ACTIVITIES the created date is security check start and the updated date is security screening start process date. For CSIS you’ll find in their report when received request from CBSA and required items process
If i order cbsa notes, will all the gcms notes information will be available in cbsa notes?