+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello guys. I just got an update on my medical. It's changed to "You don't need.." from "passed" when I reached 1 year mark. Today, it's changed to "passed" again, and new pass date is marked 21 August. Does any one know if this means something? like: my SS is completed? or if they just do this for all inland applicants whose medical is expired? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axwell

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hello guys. I just got an update on my medical. It's changed to "You don't need.." from "passed" when I reached 1 year mark. Today, it's changed to "passed" again, and new pass date is marked 21 August. Does any one know if this means something? like: my SS is completed? or if they just do this for all inland applicants whose medical is expired? Thanks in advance.
maybe ppr is on the way !

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Hello everyone..just got the news that my file is in SS...thought i should say hi to u guys..

willgo2ca

Aug 10, 2018
Yesterday I got another ghost update right after passed the re-medical request. Then today I logged into ECAS and saw the status has been changed to Decision Made... No PPR email yet...

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Called IRCC
Hi. I also called the IRCC agents and they told me that my application has been undergoing security checks since May 28th and the file is now in Sydney. But the agent didn't tell me whether my file is under comprehensive security screening. Did they explicitly tell you? I was told that the file is with an external agency and it could take any amount of time to process.

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
Hi. I also called the IRCC agents and they told me that my application has been undergoing security checks since May 28th and the file is now in Sydney. But the agent didn't tell me whether my file is under comprehensive security screening. Did they explicitly tell you? I was told that the file is with an external agency and it could take any amount of time to process.
Yeah I requested the agent to tell me about it..he was reluctant at first but told me in the end that my file was in comprehensive security screening

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello all, I received below email from London visa office. Can anyone suggest what below reply mean? What exactly is the background check and where is the file at the moment

"Please be advised, your file is currently undergoing necessary background checks. We are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when they will be complete. However, please note that no further action is required from you at this time. Once the checks have been completed we will contact you and arrange for new medicals as required."

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hello everyone, how do you know if your file is undergoing comprehensive security screening?

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
If your security screening is taking more than a few months. To find out for sure you have to order CBSA notes. That is the only way to confirm 100%.
Thank you. Mine hasn't started actually but my info sharing is still in progress, which i find odd as it is over 7 months already since AOR.