+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
thank you for the reply, appreciate it.
the status for med/eligibility/criminality is passed.
security is Redacted. ( is this what i should be worried what is referred to as SS?)

The notes section officer review says R10 - OK
A11.2 - satisfied and passed.
You need not worry about anything. Security/SS/BG are all part of security.
CBSA is involved with the security process whereas in some cases CSIS is involved. You are at the last step and you can expect good news any day.
The reason is these notes are 1 month old and at that security started. Now security processing time is 1-3 months avg. So keep checking your email. for the golden email. You can check what is going on with your security by ordering CBSA and CSIS notes.
All the best.

Reactions: Axwell

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
It looks like you are in SS unfortunately. It is similar to mine. If you want to confirm it or to know the date it is started then you can order cbsa note. But that wont help much. Please dont be sad, just patiently wait for a while. As far as I know, cbsa is clearing SS cases started in Dec 2018
I think i will hold off on ordering the CBSA notes as of now since its been 2 months into this already. Did you order yours? and when did your SS start ?
Clearing cases from december 18 ? Thats going to take quite some time then to reach our files.

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
You need not worry about anything. Security/SS/BG are all part of security.
CBSA is involved with the security process whereas in some cases CSIS is involved. You are at the last step and you can expect good news any day.
The reason is these notes are 1 month old and at that security started. Now security processing time is 1-3 months avg. So keep checking your email. for the golden email. You can check what is going on with your security by ordering CBSA and CSIS notes.
All the best.
Thanks @Immigration_guru for this message! This is one message i have read in a long time thats got some positivity in it, to be honest :):p. Eveything with this PR process just tends to get gloomy day by day. I really hope what you said comes true with the golden email.

now i noticed while doing some research on this
there seems to be a main category as "Applications on hold"
Under that the reasons are sub categories, some people have such as
1.application on hold - reason - investigation.
2.application on hold - reason - information required.
3.application on hold - reason - verification.
4. application on hold - reason - suspended clearances.

mine is the last one, so do any of you know whats the difference ? looks like there are different timelines for different kinds of holds.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks @Immigration_guru for this message! This is one message i have read in a long time thats got some positivity in it, to be honest :):p. Eveything with this PR process just tends to get gloomy day by day. I really hope what you said comes true with the golden email.

mine is the last one, so do any of you know whats the difference ? looks like there are different timelines for different kinds of holds.

Example 1: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) receives information that the applicant is the subject of an investigation by any of our enforcement partners.

Example 2: CIC is informed that an investigation into the applicant’s permanent residence status is underway (for admissibility and/or a permanent residency determination) by either the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or another branch or office of CIC.

Example 3: Staff becomes aware that the applicant is the subject of an open (not finalized) report under A44 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Example 4: The RCMP, the CBSA, the local immigration office, or Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS) need more time to complete an investigation where there may be an impact on the applicant’s clearance.

For your case more in detail :

Personal information collected in security screening forms must be disclosed to security screening service providers both in government (e.g., the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)) and outside government (e.g., credit bureaus) in order for the verifications, inquiries and assessments required for security screening to be conducted.

These verifications, inquiries and assessments can include the validation of personal information against operational records, data banks, data holdings, and intelligence sources for the purpose of assessing an individual's reliability and/or loyalty.

Personal information, combined with the decision to grant, grant with a security waiver, deny, revoke or suspend a security status or clearance, may also be used to create a security profile for the purpose of managing Government of Canada credentials required to access information, assets and facilities (e.g., building passes and digital certificates). The relevant personal information banks need to reflect the purposes, uses and disclosure of information and be kept up to date.

Reactions: seantung and Axwell

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Example 1: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) receives information that the applicant is the subject of an investigation by any of our enforcement partners.

Example 2: CIC is informed that an investigation into the applicant’s permanent residence status is underway (for admissibility and/or a permanent residency determination) by either the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or another branch or office of CIC.

Example 3: Staff becomes aware that the applicant is the subject of an open (not finalized) report under A44 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Example 4: The RCMP, the CBSA, the local immigration office, or Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS) need more time to complete an investigation where there may be an impact on the applicant’s clearance.

Personal information collected in security screening forms must be disclosed to security screening service providers both in government (e.g., the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)) and outside government (e.g., credit bureaus) in order for the verifications, inquiries and assessments required for security screening to be conducted.

These verifications, inquiries and assessments can include the validation of personal information against operational records, data banks, data holdings, and intelligence sources for the purpose of assessing an individual's reliability and/or loyalty.

Personal information, combined with the decision to grant, grant with a security waiver, deny, revoke or suspend a security status or clearance, may also be used to create a security profile for the purpose of managing Government of Canada credentials required to access information, assets and facilities (e.g., building passes and digital certificates). The relevant personal information banks need to reflect the purposes, uses and disclosure of information and be kept up to date.
Thank you for the details. especially the last three points. I think I am able to connect the dots now after spending sleepless nights !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Both these information are false, misleading and incorrect.

This is for CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS AND NOT PR. SEE
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-suspending-applications.html

THIS IS FOR STANDARD FOR SECURITY SCREENING FOR AGENCIES, EMPLOOYEES AND CROWN CORPORATIONS.

https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=28115&section=html

PARA 7. IS MERELY COPIED AND PASETED WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING WHERE IT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM WHERE IT APPLIES TO.

7. Disclosure and Data Validation

ALWAYS ASK FOR SOURCES AND DON'T BE FOLLED BY MERE CUT PASTE AND COPY JOB.

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION AND SCARING PEOPLE.

@Axwell

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Hey,got that adr and got my ppr 2 weeks after..hang on bro
Thanks for the support !
Could you please tell me what was the status of adr section in the ee profile after you uploaded adr ?
Had it changed to not applicable at any point ?

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the support !
Could you please tell me what was the status of adr section in the ee profile after you uploaded adr ?
Had it changed to not applicable at any point ?
The following day it changed to Not applicable..A week after I got a ghost update girl security start and the following week a second ghost update for end of security and got ppr 3days later

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
The following day it changed to Not applicable..A week after I got a ghost update girl security start and the following week a second ghost update for end of security and got ppr 3days later
That is strange, mine still shows “We are reviewing your adr” although my eligibility is passed and security, according to an agent, started somewhere then.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you for the details. especially the last three points. I think I am able to connect the dots now after spending sleepless nights !
I hope the post made sense, people like to point things out due to competition, i might have posted something wrong but it all made sense to your doubts. Security is taken care of by CBSA and CSIS and it takes 2-12 months on an average, wait and you will get the good news soon. All the best.

Reactions: Axwell

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......

Adding on giving more clarity on

Security screening
The CBSA screens all visitors, immigrants and refugee claimants to keep Canada safe and secure. Inadmissible persons such as criminals or persons considered security risks are not allowed to enter or remain in Canada.

We work with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), as well as foreign and Canadian law enforcement agencies to screen all individuals entering Canada.

Background checks
CBSA performs background checks on anyone 18 years of age or over who:

• Applies for immigration or
  • Claims refugee status after coming to Canada.
Background checks may also be carried out on people who apply to come to Canada temporarily.

So now people will ask for the source

Source CBSA website
Link
- https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html