+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
What date did you do your 1st medicals? It's not by AOR date but by medical validity. Congratulations on your incoming ppr
My medical was done on July 11th, 2018. So more than 2 months to go. Why would they want my medical again 2 months prior?

TashaZH

May 3, 2018
I think it depends on the officer. I know an applicant with AOR and MEP in July who was recently asked by IRCC if he intends to land within the validity of his current medical results.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I think it depends on the officer. I know an applicant with AOR and MEP in July who was recently asked by IRCC if he intends to land within the validity of his current medical results.
Yea I think so too. Sometimes they think you can't land within now and July 11th, 2019. Which is crazy coz you should be given the option to decide.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Yea I think so too. Sometimes they think you can't land within now and July 11th, 2019. Which is crazy coz you should be given the option to decide.
Exactly. I'm ready to pack my belongings and land in 2 months period. Why do I have to pay a lot of money for the whole family again just because of someone's personal opinion?

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
My medical was done on July 11th, 2018. So more than 2 months to go. Why would they want my medical again 2 months prior?
They asked for my re-med too although ours expire on 11th Aug. Got a request on 13th April so almost 4 months were left before their expiry. I even sent a talked to an agent that we are ready to travel and he said you will have to give meds again

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
They asked for my re-med too although ours expire on 11th Aug. Got a request on 13th April so almost 4 months were left before their expiry. I even sent a talked to an agent that we are ready to travel and he said you will have to give meds again
Did you ask the agent what was the point? Medical validity is 12 months, not 8 ones.
Damn, seems like they just want extra money for medical

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Wow. This is just plain wrong.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Did you ask the agent what was the point? Medical validity is 12 months, not 8 ones.
Damn, seems like they just want extra money for medical
They said it differs from case to case. We need to re-assess you and you will have to get it done again

inyourheart

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone and @legalfalcon . I am an inland applicant. I was in security screening since last Aug, and 2 days ago (May 2nd) I received a ghost update, and my Medical status changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I thought that is an indication that my security was cleared and medical was automatically extended. However when I called CIC, the agent told me nothing has changed, and security is still in progress :(

Does anyone know if a medical extension is only initiated when everything(eligibility, criminality, security) is passed and waiting for final decision? Or anyone whose medical expired will be automatically extended?

Timeline:
AOR 16/06/2018
IP2 07/08/2018
Ghost Update #1 12/08/2018
Ghost Update #2 13/08/2018
SS 14/08/2018
Ghost Update #3 02/05/2019

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Hello everyone and @legalfalcon . I am an inland applicant. I was in security screening since last Aug, and 2 days ago (May 2nd) I received a ghost update, and my Medical status changed from "Medical Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.". I thought that is an indication that my security was cleared and medical was automatically extended. However when I called CIC, the agent told me nothing has changed, and security is still in progress :(

Does anyone know if a medical extension is only initiated when everything(eligibility, criminality, security) is passed and waiting for final decision? Or anyone whose medical expired will be automatically extended?

Timeline:
AOR 16/06/2018
IP2 07/08/2018
Ghost Update #1 12/08/2018
Ghost Update #2 13/08/2018
SS 14/08/2018
Ghost Update #3 02/05/2019
Ignore the agent. Your SS is complete. Those agents, depending on who you speak to might not know where to look. As far as trends have shown, if one has been in SS and gets ghost update, SS is complete. You just have to wait for an officer to come round to review and initiate re-med request.