+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
What I have heard is that usually after they receive the demand letter, they try to finalize the file in less than a month to avoid the court and the drama comes with it. Maybe it had some effect on your file!!! By the way, I was following this tread for quite a while and I know that you have been under SS for more than a year, am I right? Could you please share your timeline one more time? Also, could you please tell how much would writ costs?.
How to file a demand letter ??

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
What I have heard is that usually after they receive the demand letter, they try to finalize the file in less than a month to avoid the court and the drama comes with it. Maybe it had some effect on your file!!! By the way, I was following this tread for quite a while and I know that you have been under SS for more than a year, am I right? Could you please share your timeline one more time? Also, could you please tell how much would writ costs?.
Hi mate, yeah it did have affect on my file but due to the swiftness of it all I feel that it was nearing completion as it is. Though I am thankful and not complaining :). Yeah my security timeline was a bit weird. It was initiated on 14th March 2018 but then the SS only started on 25th June 2018. I don't know my detailed timeline as I applied through a solicitor. But the bits that I know are as follows:

AOR: 24th May 2017
Meds passed: 6th June 2017
Criminality passed: 14th June 2017
Eligibility passed: 18th December 2017
Info sharing cleared: 28th January 2018 (due to my Arabic name, they must've gotten me confused with somebody else on the list. Only reason I can think of delay)
ADR of Schedule A: 24th July 2018, submitted the following day.

That's pretty much all I know. About the writ, every attorney has different rates. Mine one was fairly reasonable and only charged me for the demand letter.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi mate, yeah it did have affect on my file but due to the swiftness of it all I feel that it was nearing completion as it is. Though I am thankful and not complaining :). Yeah my security timeline was a bit weird. It was initiated on 14th March 2018 but then the SS only started on 25th June 2018. I don't know my detailed timeline as I applied through a solicitor. But the bits that I know are as follows:

AOR: 24th May 2017
Meds passed: 6th June 2017
Criminality passed: 14th June 2017
Eligibility passed: 18th December 2017
Info sharing cleared: 28th January 2018 (due to my Arabic name, they must've gotten me confused with somebody else on the list. Only reason I can think of delay)
ADR of Schedule A: 24th July 2018, submitted the following day.

That's pretty much all I know. About the writ, every attorney has different rates. Mine one was fairly reasonable and only charged me for the demand letter.
Thank you very much for the detailed response. I agree. All that matters is that it is getting finalized and hopefully you get your ppr soon. :)
Just one last question, so is the demand letter different than the whole writ or is it part of it?

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
How to file a demand letter ??
Writ of Mandamus is actually consists of 2 parts. First the attorney sends a demand notice stating all the efforts you've made to get IRCC to finalise your application followed by some legal motions supporting your demand etc. This notice normally gives IRCC certain amount of time (in most cases 30 days) in which to finalise or move forward with your application.

If IRCC failed to act upon the above then your attorney will initiate the court proceedings. Charges for those are extremely high plus you'll have to pay the court fee on top.

It's best to get attorney's help once the overall application processing time has exceeded at least 18 months. Otherwise I'd say that filing for writ is almost redundant. Also, I have seen people suggested on various forums in here for not filing for writ unless your file has been in SS for 12 months. That is all just bollocks so ignore the noise. Writ doesn't have anything to do with SS, it's the actual overall processing time of your file that counts.

I hope this clarifies most of your questions :).

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/mandamus/

There is no need for you to do this... If your application is under process for over 2 years then only you should consider this
Buddy, they'll even send the demand notice first. No attorney goes to the court directly these days without sending an adequate time notice to the IRCC first.

By the way, these lot are a rip off. I emailed them to book an appointment with their attorney and they were like yeah it's $450 just to talk to one. Loooool :eek:

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you very much for the detailed response. Yeah I agree this is a good option for cases who have been waiting for more than a year or a year and a half on their files.
Thanks again for the detailed response and hope you get your PPR soon :)
Thanks a million mate. I hope everyone in here get their files approved soon :)

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Seems like your eligibility was cleared on 22 Nov and Now you are in security screening