+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
I am based here in Canada, you can see my GCMS notes in the thread below...
Exactly the question what you are asking, I am trying to ask the same :D, am I or am I not... Some members say yes... some say no...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237

I don't wanna comment about whether you are or you are not and mislead you, not right on my part tbh
Dear Bimale
I got the following reply for a CSE that I raised few weeks ago. Sounds like a very generic reply to me...
AoR - 6 Apr'18, Eligibility and Criminality is PASSED. In BGC since 26 May'18

Good day Mr. Bimal,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Mathew, Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Hello Bimale4bipeople,

Have been following you a long time. I hope your SS will soon be concluded.
I have a question if you dont mind. Have you ordered CBSA note to confirm that you are in ss? And what consent form do we use for CBSA? Is it same as GMCS consent form?

It took them 7 months to pass my eligibility and I was moved to ip4 almost 6weeks now so started to worry if I am selected for ss.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Anne

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Dear Bimal, Have been following you a long time. I hope your SS will soon be concluded.
I have a question if you dont mind. Have you ordered CBSA note to confirm that you are in ss? And what consent form do we use for CBSA? Is it same as GMCS consent form?

It took them 7 months to pass my eligibility and I was moved to ip4 almost 6weeks now so started to worry if I am selected for ss.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Anne
Hi Anne,
I had ordered the CBSA notes in July which provided details on the SS at specifically 2 places on the notes. ADMISSIBILITY & ACTIVITY.
In the ADMISSIBILITY it clearly highlighted when did my BGC(which was after 1 week of AoR) actually started and the date I went to SS.
Since I have crosssed more than 6 months in SS now, I ordered another set of CBSA notes now, I am waiting to receive them.

Originally when I ordered gcms notes back in May/June timeframe I had first 3 ACTIVITY blank followed by the 4th one as Security. That’s where a forum member told that I am most likely in SS. That prompted me to order CBSA notes. See if your latest gcms notes provide these clues to you or not

For CBSA notes use the following consent form https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html

Reactions: annevn8

adlanco

Dec 18, 2013
Hi All,

Is background check and SS is the same thing?

All what I know is that CBSA are doing necessary background checks on my application since July 2018 and it is still in progress as of today.

How long does these checks usually takes?

Thanks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi All,

Is background check and SS is the same thing?

All what I know is that CBSA are doing necessary background checks on my application since July 2018 and it is still in progress as of today.

How long does these checks usually takes?

Thanks
ss is under the category of background. But ss and criminality are different. Ss is a much more in depth search on you... I'm being told that ss right now, can take minimal 6 months :(

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Hi Anne,
I had ordered the CBSA notes in July which provided details on the SS at specifically 2 places on the notes. ADMISSIBILITY & ACTIVITY.
In the ADMISSIBILITY it clearly highlighted when did my BGC(which was after 1 week of AoR) actually started and the date I went to SS.
Since I have crosssed more than 6 months in SS now, I ordered another set of CBSA notes now, I am waiting to receive them.

Originally when I ordered gcms notes back in May/June timeframe I had first 3 ACTIVITY blank followed by the 4th one as Security. That’s where a forum member told that I am most likely in SS. That prompted me to order CBSA notes. See if your latest gcms notes provide these clues to you or not

For CBSA notes use the following consent form https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html
Hi Bimale,

Thank you so much for your information.

My first GCMS note said security not started. And so in the admissibility and Activities the value is Not started as of October 26. My AOR is April 25. It is good that you passed Eligibility early after AOR. It took me 7 months to pass eligibility, in which 6 months with no one touched the file. Eventually they passed my eligibility and moved me to IP2 in November. It will be scary if I am selected for SS as it will take another 9 to 18 months for this stuff and this wait will become the most unbearable.
Soon as I passed eligibility, I ordered second set of note. It hasnt arrived yet. I also ordered CBSA note for me and thought I should also order it for spouse with that consent form.

Thank you again.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Bimale,

Thank you so much for your information.

My first GCMS note said security not started. And so in the admissibility and Activities the value is Not started as of October 26. My AOR is April 25. It is good that you passed Eligibility early after AOR. It took me 7 months to pass eligibility, in which 6 months with no one touched the file. Eventually they passed my eligibility and moved me to IP2 in November. It will be scary if I am selected for SS as it will take another 9 to 18 months for this stuff and this wait will become the most unbearable.
Soon as I passed eligibility, I ordered second set of note. It hasnt arrived yet. I also ordered CBSA note for me and thought I should also order it for spouse with that consent form.

Thank you again.
I dont think you are in SS, did you check the ACTIVITY 1-5 what does it say ?

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
In the Adtivities section in my first GCMS note generated on Oct 26.

Activity 1:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
UCI
Name:
sub-activity: EE selection
field name: status
new value: review required

Activity 2:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
UCI: my UCI
Name: my name
sub-activity: Medical
new value: Passed

Activity 3 and 5 : empty and I see S19 on top. S19. I supposed it is my spouse info which I did not attache the consent form.

Activity 4:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
sub-activity: security
new value: not started

I just got off the phone with CIC agent.

He said there is two lastest update on my file. One activity on Nov 17 when I passed Eligibility. and one activity on Nov 19 when they start my security. Of course I asked what type of security is that and there is no answer from him.

My second GCMS note will arrive first week of Jan if no delay.

What can you tell from all this Sir?

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
And in the Admissibility section:

Security:
Security 1: which is my information. said Security not started
create date: xxxxxxx
created by: WBMRCR
updated date:
updated by:WBMRCR
Type: security
Validity date:
Status updated date:xxx
Status updated by:xxxx
Assigned by: WBMRCR
Assigned to: empty
Due date: xxx
Activity#: 2-QJMRNVG

Attachment: o
Sub activity: 0

Security 2: I guess it is for my spouse , hidden under S19(1)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
In the Adtivities section in my first GCMS note generated on Oct 26.

Activity 1:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
UCI
Name:
sub-activity: EE selection
new value: review required

Activity 2:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
sub-activity: Medical
new value: Passed

Activity 3 and 5 : empty and I see S19 on top. S19. I supposed it is my spouse info which I did not attache the consent form.

Activity 4:
create date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
sub-activity: security
new value: not started

I just got off the phone with CIC agent.

He said there is two lastest update on my file. One activity on Nov 17 when I passed Eligibility. and one activity on Nov 19 when they start my security. Of course I asked what type of security is that and there is no answer from him.

My second GCMS note will arrive first week of Jan if no delay.

What can you tell from all this Sir?
From these notes it does not give me the impression that you are in SS, but once you get the new set of notes let’s sync up.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
From these notes it does not give me the impression that you are in SS, but once you get the new set of notes let’s sync up.
Thanks Bimale, possibly because it was not started at that time, all activities didnt have sign of SS. I thought being inland means your security check had been passed one time....

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks Bimale, possibly because it was not started at that time, all activities didnt have sign of SS. I thought being inland means your security check had been passed one time....
Yeah but PR application is an independent process considering the fact an applicant will eventually become a citizen..

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Guys ! Can we file writ of mandamus before passage of 1 year ? I mean 1 year after SS date ??

@dpenabill @legalfalcon Can you kindly advise?

Last edited:

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
Hlo everyone,
I am having Aor 6 April 18 and my spouse is in Ss from 18 May 18.
My Eligibility,Criminality.Info sharing,security everything is passed.

Only security and criminality of my spouse is pending.

I applied for CBSA notes on 19 Nov 2018
And got a ghost update on 19 dec.

Now I got CBSA notes and they clearly indicate Ss started on 18 May.

But today on 29 dec I got another ghost update.
I really confused what is happening????with my case.
Every update brings hopes but nothing happens.

Anyone can provide information on it?
Does it indicates there is progress in case?And SS is over(in 7 months)
Thanks in advance.