+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also having a feeling that CBSA notes are released by CBSA authorities and have nothing to do with profile of IRCC,I think there is ghost update only when there visa officer do something with your file.Do you have same experience @syedahraza ?
Exactly. Only IRCC representatives have access your files.

m34

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-06-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
Hi Everyone.
How can one know when SS started? The first 5 listed activities in my application are blanked out with s.(15) on top right. Dates are also blanked out.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
Hi Everyone.
How can one know when SS started? The first 5 listed activities in my application are blanked out with s.(15) on top right. Dates are also blanked out.
It’s very sad ,You are in Security screening for sure.I am also in same condition.
To know more you can apply for CBSA notes.
What is your timeline?
Regards

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
Hi Everyone.
Mosty your Ip2 is the date of starting Ss
To confirm you need CBSA notes.because it is redacted in gcms notes.

m34

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-06-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
It’s very sad ,You are in Security screening for sure.I am also in same condition.
To know more you can apply for CBSA notes.
What is your timeline?
Regards
AOR May 28
Medicals Passed June 7
Background started sometime in July (though i cannot know if this coincides with SS)
No activity since then

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone.
You can conclusively find the SS start date from CBSA notes.
These notes are just like your gcms notes but they do not redact details such as ACTIVITY and ADMISSIBILITY.
ADMISSIBILITY section is where you will find when did they start your SS

Reactions: m34

dantecanadavisa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hello guys
I am a march 06 2017 applicaton and have waited for 22 months,

my gcms notes shows "security not start" all this time, latest note i got is today and it still showing the same thing,

Anyone got any idea what should i do??

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys
I am a march 06 2017 applicaton and have waited for 22 months,

my gcms notes shows "security not start" all this time, latest note i got is today and it still showing the same thing,

Anyone got any idea what should i do??
What is the status of your eligibility? Is there any sort of review required there? If not then it will be worth calling CIC to know where you are stuck?

dantecanadavisa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
What is the status of your eligibility? Is there any sort of review required there? If not then it will be worth calling CIC to know where you are stuck?
eligibilty and criminal pass, only security problem,

i have called cic couple times, they wont give a accurate answer, just kept you waiting

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eligibilty and criminal pass, only security problem,

i have called cic couple times, they wont give a accurate answer, just kept you waiting
Get hold of the call agent and ask him/her to put a note on your file that your security hasn't started even after 22 months. They usually do this if the application has crossed more than 6 months. I am wondering why your eligibility took that long? Probably you didn't notice but you might be one of those "Eligibility review required" cases.

Pris

May 11, 2018
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if SS starts immediatly when the background check starts? I have ordered my GCMS notes 3 weeks after my background check started, will I be able to see if I am under SS already? I am still waiting to receive it. I called IRCC early this week and they just told me that security is ongoing but the agent could not say if it is SS or not.

Thanks!

Reactions: annevn8

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if SS starts immediatly when the background check starts? I have ordered my GCMS notes 3 weeks after my background check started, will I be able to see if I am under SS already? I am still waiting to receive it. I called IRCC early this week and they just told me that security is ongoing but the agent could not say if it is SS or not.

Thanks!
I think you need CBSA notes to know if your in ss or not. Not gcms notes which will only say "background check"

Reactions: Pris