+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Godschild

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Also I was asked for remedicals 2 weeks back and its now updated as "Medicals passed". Last I called CIC a week back and they informed everything shows passed. I dont know about security. Can CIC agent confirm if security is done? Also after remedicals in how many days does one receives PPR?

Reactions: Aziz123

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Also I was asked for remedicals 2 weeks back and its now updated as "Medicals passed". Last I called CIC a week back and they informed everything shows passed. I dont know about security. Can CIC agent confirm if security is done? Also after remedicals in how many days does one receives PPR?
we are in the same boat last week ago they request me to pay RPRF after long time, which my parents pass medical exam in december 2017, now my parents medical expired, i don't know they request me another medical test or no they will issue visa :( im so confused now...

evanzh87

Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-02-2018
hello everyone. my file was in security screening for 9 months.

anyone knows if once you get remedical request, does this mean your security screening is complete?
We thought that the remed request would be the sign of ss completion. However as per gcms notes we recently got, it suggests that our SS under CBSA is still in progress even we had our remed done.

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
We thought that the remed request would be the sign of ss completion. However as per gcms notes we recently got, it suggests that our SS under CBSA is still in progress even we had our remed done.
if they request RPRF that mean they competed SS ?

evanzh87

Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-02-2018
if they request RPRF that mean they competed SS ?
We paid RPRF upfront. So I don't know if RPRF request is a good sign or it's just a general routine. Sorry.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
Hlo everyone,
I am having Aor 6 April 18 and in Ss from 18 May 18.
I applied for CBSA notes on 19 Nov 2018
And today I got a ghost update,I think they released my CBSA notes today exactly after one month,
Anyone experinced same thing?
Or can there be any progress in case?
Thanks in advance.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hlo everyone,
I am having Aor 6 April 18 and in Ss from 18 May 18.
I applied for CBSA notes on 19 Nov 2018
And today I got a ghost update,I think they released my CBSA notes today exactly after one month,
Anyone experinced same thing?
Or can there be any progress in case?
Thanks in advance.
The ghost update is a good sign. Hopefully soon you will hear a good news about your PPR.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
The ghost update is a good sign. Hopefully soon you will hear a good news about your PPR.
But I think this ghost update is absolutely after one month of applying CBSA notes,I think this ghost update is due to releasing of CBSA notes,Anyways I am keeping my fingers crossed.
@syedahraza do you think Ss can complete in 7 months?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I think this ghost update is absolutely after one month of applying CBSA notes,I think this ghost update is due to releasing of CBSA notes,Anyways I am keeping my fingers crossed.
@syedahraza do you think Ss can complete in 7 months?
It is likely you are out of it. What is your nationality?

A release of notes from CBSA does not trigger a ghost update. I am speaking from own experience.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
It is likely you are out of it. What is your nationality?

A release of notes from CBSA does not trigger a ghost update. I am speaking from own experience.
I am from India.
Thanks for your kind words,you are out of it sounds to me like you get relief from jail imprisonment.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from India.
Thanks for your kind words,you are out of it sounds to me like you get relief from jail imprisonment.
It is pretty strange that now Indians are also put under security screening. It was previously dedicated to people of specific nationalities.

Trust me those 12 months that I spent in SS was nothing less than a jail term.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
It is pretty strange that now Indians are also put under security screening. It was previously dedicated to people of specific nationalities.

Trust me those 12 months that I spent in SS was nothing less than a jail term.
I know lot of peoples who are from India and also in SS especially from 2018

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
I also having a feeling that CBSA notes are released by CBSA authorities and have nothing to do with profile of IRCC,I think there is ghost update only when there visa officer do something with your file.Do you have same experience @syedahraza ?