+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I was about to file mandamus in July but on 27th June they had asked me for my medicals again which was an indication that I came out of security screening.
Oh yeah nice one mate. So you needn't worry then, I'm sure your PPR is around the corner. How much the attorney was charging you for mandamus, if you don't mind me asking. Cheers

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yeah nice one mate. So you needn't worry then, I'm sure your PPR is around the corner. How much the attorney was charging you for mandamus, if you don't mind me asking. Cheers
I am PR now :). See my signature. The total charges for mandamus were around CAD$5000

Reactions: Reykhan

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wait so you did not ask for extension?
when they ask for remedicals, means you have to go to those horrible public hospitals and spent whole day getting medical checks?
Our medicals were already extended once. They are not extended for the second time. And yes we had to through the same process again. Although our hospital was very neat.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I did go on immitracker and I can confirm there have been CEC, FSW and pakistani applicants who got PPR in 180 days as well so I'm just saying it is entirely possible that one is in SS or assumes is in SS and all of a sudden on 190th day they get their PPR.
I cannot see your details in the signature. If you are in IP2 for more than 2 weeks, then 90% of the time you will be in security screening. In the new GCMS notes they redact the word 'Screening' and only write 'Security'.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
my security check was started literally 1 week after AOR before I had even passed eligibility. Is this normal? is it good or bad?
What's your AOR mate? And it does sounds quite weird for them to start the security check so quickly after the AOR. I've never heard anything like that before but it could be just me. As far as I'm aware, normally the security check gets initiated at the local Visa office level and not the CIO.

Beekay86

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
my security check was started literally 1 week after AOR before I had even passed eligibility. Is this normal? is it good or bad?
No saying, really. My eligibility, criminality, and medicals are all cleared since Feb 18 but no PPR yet. My application was moved to LVO in June for BGC. 192 days in so far.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
7 march 2018
like just trying to figure out if people who are in SS had their security started early on or later.
You're still ok bud, no need to stress. Once you're passed 6 months then write to your local Visa office directly to check the status of your file. And depending on their response then order CBSA / CSIS notes.

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
You're still ok bud, no need to stress. Once you're passed 6 months then write to your local Visa office directly to check the status of your file. And depending on their response then order CBSA / CSIS notes.
Im here December 2016 applicant MR passed in January 2018. BG in process since 27th feb 2018. Since then no PPR 20 months over. Called cic today agent said they didn’t receive security check results from the department where its being processing. Any idea what should i do?

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Im here December 2016 applicant MR passed in January 2018. BG in process since 27th feb 2018. Since then no PPR 20 months over. Called cic today agent said they didn’t receive security check results from the department where its being processing. Any idea what should i do?
Mate we can't do much except to wait or if you want, you can hire an attorney and file for a writ of mandamus. It's an expensive solution but does work. At least the agent told you that they're waiting for your security check results. They didn't tell me anything and just said that I've to contact London VO as they can't access any information on my file due to it being based outside of Canada.

Reactions: PolaMahal

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
Mate we can't do much except to wait or if you want, you can hire an attorney and file for a writ of mandamus. It's an expensive solution but does work. At least the agent told you that they're waiting for your security check results. They didn't tell me anything and just said that I've to contact London VO as they can't access any information on my file due to it being based outside of Canada.
filling a writ of mandamus people do when they waited like 3/4 years. I don’t think so i can do this at after 20 months. What do you think. Ican do now or not. At this point expenses doesn’t matter for me im already wasting alot of money working in a pizza store on low wage other side getting many good job options already can’t start just because of PR.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
filling a writ of mandamus people do when they waited like 3/4 years. I don’t think so i can do this at after 20 months. What do you think. Ican do now or not. At this point expenses doesn’t matter for me im already wasting alot of money working in a pizza store on low wage other side getting many good job options already can’t start just because of PR.
Yeah I'm with you buddy, exactly know what you're talking about. The annoying thing is that we don't have the luxury of options. Either sign a writ or just wait and hope that the screening gets concluded soon enough. Also, you can file a writ once your file goes over the acceptable processing time, which in our cases we have.

Reactions: PolaMahal

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
Yeah I'm with you buddy, exactly know what you're talking about. The annoying thing is that we don't have the luxury of options. Either sign a writ or just wait and hope that the screening gets concluded soon enough. Also, you can file a writ once your file goes over the acceptable processing time, which in our cases we have.
Yeah i will wait until end of August then i will talk to my lawyer. Bcoz I can’t take it anymore seriously enough! Cic is just playing with our lives thats it. Im here working in same place from last more than 5 years!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I got the following reply for a CSE that I raised few weeks ago. Sounds like a very generic reply to me...
AoR - 6 Apr'18, Eligibility and Criminality is PASSED. In BGC since 26 May'18

Good day Mr. Bimal,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Mathew, Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
What's your AOR mate? And it does sounds quite weird for them to start the security check so quickly after the AOR. I've never heard anything like that before but it could be just me. As far as I'm aware, normally the security check gets initiated at the local Visa office level and not the CIO.
Hey there! Do you have any source for this information. My AOR is 23 Mar 18, BGC/ IP2 started around 08 wks ago and I do have military background (and been to Canada after the military service), my file is still with CIO. I assumed I was in SS, wonder what is the cause of the delay if there is no SS at CIO. GCMS notes awaited.