+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Thank you.
I could see from your signature that you are stuck in NA2 since 13 Jul. Why is this delay for PNP applicants for?
No idea. Probably eligibility taking time and confirmation with provinces.

Reactions: traveler982

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi guys. I am stuck in SS since May. I was wondering if there is a way to find out at what stage our SS is. I have read on this forum about ppl who track their file through CSIS and CBSA. Are there any procedures for this? How can we ask CSIS or CBSA about our case? What file number should we use to identify ourselves? Any extra info. is highly appreciated! Thanks!

can_immi_can

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Planet Earth
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-01-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting on PPR
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting on PPR
Hi guys. I am stuck in SS since May. I was wondering if there is a way to find out at what stage our SS is. I have read on this forum about ppl who track their file through CSIS and CBSA. Are there any procedures for this? How can we ask CSIS or CBSA about our case? What file number should we use to identify ourselves? Any extra info. is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Check these webpages:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/tp/index-en.php
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

Above webpages have all the information that you need.

Reactions: Klamm

can_immi_can

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Planet Earth
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-01-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting on PPR
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting on PPR
How many members on this thread have been waiting for 18 months since AOR to get PPR?

I am trying to figure out the longest wait time between AOR and PPR.

For me it has been about 21 months since AOR.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Bumping this thread up just in case

AK1285

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
ISB - Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Soon In sha Allah!
Its been 12 months since AOR for me. And the update I recently received said:

"We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

quite an ambiguous statement. I already submitted additional docs in May but I guess more is required but very unclear.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
that really sucks. I am from China and have no travel history to any of the sensitive countries.

I have no idea how long I have to wait~~
Even you have never travelled to sensitive countries, you might have extensive travel record that cause the security screening or your employment history.

hkrashmi07

Jul 12, 2017
This is what i see on my GCMS notes as of mid April. Im assuming that Activity 1 & Activity 2 relate to database searches/information sharing with other agencies.

I have seen some other GCMS notes with about 5-8 of these activities, so im speculating that im roughly about half way complete. So perhaps my application will get completed within the 6 month period.

ACTIVITY: 1
UCI: xxxx
Name: xxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
Field Name: Status

ACTIVITY: 2
UCI: xxxxx
Name: xxxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening

ACTIVITY: 3
UCI: xxxxx
Name: xxxx
Sub-Activity/Activity Type:Security Screening
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/03/xx
Updated By: 00xxxxx
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Hi,

Did you receive ppr? I am in the same state now ss.. and my gcms shows 3 activities that you mentioned...

manada

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Its been 12 months since AOR for me. And the update I recently received said:

"We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

quite an ambiguous statement. I already submitted additional docs in May but I guess more is required but very unclear.
My wait is also very long. Employment verification was done in May and since then nothing...

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. AOR April and SS start date of early July '17 here.
I got three SS entries under activies and god knows when I might get the fourth (or fifth).

The worst part of this Express Entry scheme is the Security Screening and the unknown timeframe. If I knew it was going to last 1 year, that would be of. If it was 2 years, it would still be okay.

But for the last six months, I am trying to stay mobile as if I might leave within a month, and in the meantime, try to plan for the case that we will stay in Turkey for a long time. I have a baby and its really SUPER HARD to plan. My wife has to go back to work (maternal leave), we need to hire a nanny and everything.
I wish they have just told us something, a tiny hint that could shed a light on that SS curse.

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, and I have cleared everything (R10, eligibility, medicals etc.) on beginning of July.
Trying to hang in there since then.

atgeo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
Hi guys. AOR April and SS start date of early July '17 here.
I got three SS entries under activies and god knows when I might get the fourth (or fifth).

The worst part of this Express Entry scheme is the Security Screening and the unknown timeframe. If I knew it was going to last 1 year, that would be of. If it was 2 years, it would still be okay.

But for the last six months, I am trying to stay mobile as if I might leave within a month, and in the meantime, try to plan for the case that we will stay in Turkey for a long time. I have a baby and its really SUPER HARD to plan. My wife has to go back to work (maternal leave), we need to hire a nanny and everything.
I wish they have just told us something, a tiny hint that could shed a light on that SS curse.
Same here. AOR March 30 and SS start date on July 2. Can’t wait to get PPR and leave my current job.