+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I just received my second set of GCMS notes today, generated on 14th of June. There have been some additional activities on my file after Security Screening activities. Now the latest 3 activities say:

Activity Type - Verification QA
Status - In progress - Level 1
Date 25/05/2017

In the notes section, under text it is written that they have received the e-mails confirming my documents and they uploaded it.

Security section is still blanked, but it is no longer the latest activity, it's this verification stuff.
Is it possible that it is moving...anyone with similar experience?
I should get my notes tomorrow, so we'll see

Reactions: dr@gonfly

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I just received my second set of GCMS notes today, generated on 14th of June. There have been some additional activities on my file after Security Screening activities. Now the latest 3 activities say:

Date 25/05/2017

In the notes section, under text it is written that they have received the e-mails confirming my documents and they uploaded it.

Security section is still blanked, but it is no longer the latest activity, it's this verification stuff.
This looks like the final review after SS is cleared, I'm not 100% sure, looks like new wording. Hopefully, it is. Keep us posted.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Date 25/05/2017

I found this post on this forum relating to "Verification QA". I dont believe this is related to your security screening.

'verification QA'...... I am not 100% sure but I think I found what they meant, yours is a sample case selected for quality assurance of cic

"The CRO and the IPM should periodically select a sample of cases for QA to ensure that revenue is being properly collected, recorded and deposited. The verification exercises should take place independently and should be unexpected."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/missions/control.asp

Nothing to worry about, should not affect your application

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016

Date 25/05/2017

Good to see cases moving. Best of luck!

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
I have looked around the forum if anyone else had this, a few people did, apparently it is a more detailed verification of provided documents. When I looked more in my notes, I now have a lot of new activities under Verification section, some of them are hidden with s16 in the corner, the latest one said that a document is confirmed valid, but it still said Verification in progress meaning there could be more.
The whole Verification process has a due dute 25th June on the notes. At about that time I had a "Updated" status on mycic account without any changes.
I am confused now, because my eligibility is passed since January. I almost feel like they are looking for reasons to reject me. :(
Also who is conducting this "Verification" CSIS or the visa office??? There are officers initials on all these activities, but could it be that they are working simultaneously on my file?
I found one guy on the forum with this, and he got PPR 2 months after seeing this in his notes.

Do you guys have anything under Verification section of your notes and when is it dated?

Reactions: RezJay

x4xp

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
GCMS Notes generated on June 14, 2017 and received on July 6, 2017

FSW-Inland
AOR - Feb1, 2017
Medicals - Passed
Eligibility - Passed
IP2 - May 23, 2017
SS - May 23, 2017

3 activities under SS with the first 2 being blank and the 3rd one as "Not Started".

Nationality: Iran
Country of Residence previously: UAE (Dubai)
Travel History: multiple times (6-7 times) between Canada and UAE

Last edited:
Reactions: Sugar2016

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
I have looked around the forum if anyone else had this, a few people did, apparently it is a more detailed verification of provided documents. When I looked more in my notes, I now have a lot of new activities under Verification section, some of them are hidden with s16 in the corner, the latest one said that a document is confirmed valid, but it still said Verification in progress meaning there could be more.
The whole Verification process has a due dute 25th June on the notes. At about that time I had a "Updated" status on mycic account without any changes.
I am confused now, because my eligibility is passed since January. I almost feel like they are looking for reasons to reject me. :(
Also who is conducting this "Verification" CSIS or the visa office??? There are officers initials on all these activities, but could it be that they are working simultaneously on my file?
I found one guy on the forum with this, and he got PPR 2 months after seeing this in his notes.

Do you guys have anything under Verification section of your notes and when is it dated?
i reember @legalfalcon telling you that you were selected for their Quality Assurance exrcise. Why are you fretting so much?

Reactions: Sugar2016

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
i reember @legalfalcon telling you that you were selected for their Quality Assurance exrcise. Why are you fretting so much?
No, he did not say that to me, maybe you confused me with someone else.
I am not fretting, it's just that I am trying to figure out why it is taking so long and which stage the application is at, and as with everyone else here waiting for a while, it's not most pleasant feeling.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
No, he did not say that to me, maybe you confused me with someone else.
I am not fretting, it's just that I am trying to figure out why it is taking so long and which stage the application is at, and as with everyone else here waiting for a while, it's not most pleasant feeling.
Just got my notes.
No new entries like you have, just the same as a month ago.

Probably your QA is not connected with security.

Reactions: RezJay

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Hey guys,

No one has answered me :)
Eligibility: Recommend Passed is that mean Passed and pending only SS or there are still another round after SS

Thanks
Its a recommendation for the officer that will review your file. Means the Agent is satifsied with your Eligibility and made recommendations.

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018

How many entries do you have under the "Activity" section relating to Security?

Also, I received my second GCMS notes generated on June 19. Verification does not have any extra entries. Maybe your's has these extra entries as they probably felt the need to have some of the documents you submitted further verified as authentic... Maybe my documents did not need further verification hence no further activity under "Verification" under Security Screening process. Normally security screening is mostly inter agency checks etc.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a question to all Pakistanis who are on this thread:

I had applied under PNP program for my PR application. The current status reads as:
a. Eligibility: Passed
b. Medical: Passed
c. Criminality: In Progress (They had asked for my RCMP)
d. Security: Not started

How likely do you think that I may be included in the "PNP secure outstanding" group because of my nationality?

Thanks