+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
I requested GCMS notes from CBSA on January 6th and I haven't heard anything back about it at all, apparently they complete the request within a week or so normally. Not nearly as long as your wait but still frustrating!
Thanks for letting me know.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I requested GCMS notes from CBSA on January 6th and I haven't heard anything back about it at all, apparently they complete the request within a week or so normally. Not nearly as long as your wait but still frustrating!
Hi, where did you see that it would be completed or sent within a week please?

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi, where did you see that it would be completed or sent within a week please?
There were a few people that requested through CBSA just after Christmas and had it back within a few days on these forums. I can't recall where but that's what prompted me to go through CBSA instead of IRCC. It seems there may have been others that had the same idea though!

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
There were a few people that requested through CBSA just after Christmas and had it back within a few days on these forums. I can't recall where but that's what prompted me to go through CBSA instead of IRCC. It seems there may have been others that had the same idea though!
Thanks, I ordered with ircc but that's more than a month now...

• Sad
Reactions: blondieyo

sobernat

Mar 26, 2021
Hi folks,

I have ordered GCMS notes from official government website (don't remember by now which one) and it has been a good 3 months+. I was wondering if this is how long it usually takes now, or I did something wrong?

Also which third party would you suggest to get my GCMS notes?

Thanks

EddieX

Dec 5, 2020
Does anyone know why many pages in the history section of the GCMS notes are hiden? it states pages are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c). Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Gurdit0099

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
My eligibility was passed in June and after that nothing.

Please advise me what should I choose for a CBSA note, "Privacy Act" or "Access to Information Act"?
What should I choose for the question "Which type of records do you wish to request?"?
"Case files" or "Corporate records"?

Thanks
Hi bir just wondering if your application was completed and approved yet or no? Coz m in same boat my medical passed status chnaged to we do need medicsl exam please let me know m concerned will be appreciated

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi, me too the same day
Did you receive GCMS notes
I ordered also on October 8, 2021 through CAIPS GCMS report and ought to receive GCMS Notes latest 16th November, sent a status report email to the company and this was the response I got:

"Hello, We are continuously following-up with ATIP but there is no reply from them at all. An investigation about the delays was conducted by the Information Commissioner of Canada and the details were submitted to the parliament in May 2021. The investigation shows that IRCC automatically claimed time extensions for GCMS notes. You can find the details at the link below. You will also find the text (in bold) in the link below. The only action we can take is to keep sending reminders to ATIP and wait for them to send the GCMS notes to us. We will continue to send reminders but unless they send us an extension notice with the exact delivery date, we are unable to provide any information on the delivery of the notes. We rely on ATIP and they depend on IRCC for the GCMS notes. https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo "The OIC also learned that IRCC has developed the practice of automatically claiming time extensions based on the number of requests submitted by certain individuals. More specifically, IRCC identified the five individuals who have submitted the most requests per year and has taken to automatically claiming 60 or 90‐day time extensions to all requests made by these individuals." Thanks!"

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I have
I ordered also on October 8, 2021 through CAIPS GCMS report and ought to receive GCMS Notes latest 16th November, sent a status report email to the company and this was the response I got:

"Hello, We are continuously following-up with ATIP but there is no reply from them at all. An investigation about the delays was conducted by the Information Commissioner of Canada and the details were submitted to the parliament in May 2021. The investigation shows that IRCC automatically claimed time extensions for GCMS notes. You can find the details at the link below. You will also find the text (in bold) in the link below. The only action we can take is to keep sending reminders to ATIP and wait for them to send the GCMS notes to us. We will continue to send reminders but unless they send us an extension notice with the exact delivery date, we are unable to provide any information on the delivery of the notes. We rely on ATIP and they depend on IRCC for the GCMS notes. https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/reports-publications/access-issue-challenging-status-quo "The OIC also learned that IRCC has developed the practice of automatically claiming time extensions based on the number of requests submitted by certain individuals. More specifically, IRCC identified the five individuals who have submitted the most requests per year and has taken to automatically claiming 60 or 90‐day time extensions to all requests made by these individuals." Thanks!"
I had applied for GCMS Notes twice this year from the same company and it cam before the due dates. This delay now is a surprise. A week and 3days outside the deadline period.