+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes

Syy

Jul 11, 2019
I ordered GCMS notes for my pgwp. In one of the notes, it says :

Text: Graduate from "....", program '...' , Client eligble for 3 yr pgwp ( 2020/11/10) : However, document issued to expiry of passport.

I was given 23 months on my old pp. I got a renewed pp now, wondering if I can apply for extending my pgwp on the new pp? What do you guys make out of the note?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I ordered GCMS notes for my pgwp. In one of the notes, it says :

Text: Graduate from "....", program '...' , Client eligble for 3 yr pgwp ( 2020/11/10) : However, document issued to expiry of passport.

I was given 23 months on my old pp. I got a renewed pp now, wondering if I can apply for extending my pgwp on the new pp? What do you guys make out of the note?

If it does say Client Eligible for PGWP , apply for an extension.
But you might get denied as well, since you just did a program of one year.

But the weird thing that in the transcripts it does mention you were a student from Fall 2015.
Guess VO's saw that.
Idk tricky situation.

Syy

Jul 11, 2019
If it does say Client Eligible for PGWP , apply for an extension.
But you might get denied as well, since you just did a program of one year.

But the weird thing that in the transcripts it does mention you were a student from Fall 2015.
Guess VO's saw that.
Idk tricky situation.
I know right! Very tricky indeed. I'm gonna apply and see what happens. Don't care if I get refused, didn't expect to get pgwp more than 1 year in the first place anyway haha.
One thing though, if I hear back from them after Oct 22, ( expiry of my pgwp ) and the decision is negative, will my status here remain legal till their response?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I know right! Very tricky indeed. I'm gonna apply and see what happens. Don't care if I get refused, didn't expect to get pgwp more than 1 year in the first place anyway haha.
One thing though, if I hear back from them after Oct 22, ( expiry of my pgwp ) and the decision is negative, will my status here remain legal till their response?
In your GCMS notes is there a part that says compliance and included your college name ?

What's does it say there ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I don't see any 'compliance' in the notes. And my college is mentioned just once as I wrote in my original post.
What to do if your permit expires
If your permit expires after you apply
If you apply to extend your work permit before it expires, you can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application. In this situation, you have implied status.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/expired-permit.html

Reactions: Syy