+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes

lovelivelove

Dec 11, 2012
Hi guys,pls help if you understand the following part of the GCMS notes I received today.It says an interview may be required and my file was transferred to LA from CPP-O.It shows a due date of 2013/05/20 .what does this due date mean. my wife had sponsored me on October 16,2012 and her sponsorship was approved on November 7,2012.

Paper File
Office: Los Angeles
Paper File #

Application Assignment
Assigned to:*******
Assigned By:********
Due Date: 2013/05/20

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I believe the due date is the date that they would like the file and or that section of it to be finished.

I am sure others will reply and give you their opinions and or share their experience.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes, duedate means visa officer will pickup your file on or before that date and will decide whether they want to have interview or not and if they want they schedule you for a date and will send you a letter.

Duedate section is for the visa officers .. When they want to pick up a file or make a decision on a file before that date.

Usually they schedule after 2-3 months. (in my case i was scheduled for after 4months)

lovelivelove

Dec 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the clarification. Four months is too long ......Hope it happens fast. The wait game is not all appreciated. :'(

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
lovelivelove said:
Thank you so much for the clarification. Four months is too long ......Hope it happens fast. The wait game is not all appreciated. :'(
yes the wait is never good and with interview its always long time. somebody told me in april (here in this forum) their interview is scheduled in july.

but till now yours is not confirmed.. so may be they dont schedule you. (as you said its written MAY BE REQUIRED)

mine was written interview is required.
so may be this "MAY BE" change the game.. ::)

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
lovelivelove said:
Oh really well some of us have been waiting 32 months and more. Imagine how we all are feeling. Its very hard to swallow don't you think so

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
micmac101 said:
Oh really well some of us have been waiting 32 months and more. Imagine how we all are feeling. Its very hard to swallow don't you think so
its very hard

I can feel what you feel.
for me its like 14months and whenever I feel I am loosing my patience, I just think about the VO which has 20+ months processing time which calms me .

Seriously people here who just dont have patience should look onto you guys.. you guys are best example of being patient and hanging there..

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
simb said:
its very hard

I can feel what you feel.
for me its like 14months and whenever I feel I am loosing my patience, I just think about the VO which has 20+ months processing time which calms me .

Seriously people here who just dont have patience should look onto you guys.. you guys are best example of being patient and hanging there..
Thank you for your kind words it really made my day thanks so much I pray it all works out for you and faster not like us at all,because this is foolish what they are doing to us in Islamabad Pakistan... May God bless you In Sha Allah

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
micmac101 said:
Thank you for your kind words it really made my day thanks so much I pray it all works out for you and faster not like us at all,because this is foolish what they are doing to us in Islamabad Pakistan... May God bless you In Sha Allah
Thanks and hope yours is fast as well. You have already waited for so long.

lovelivelove

Dec 11, 2012
Hi All,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and making me understand the notes. Well, sadly, I read the notes again and it says "an interview is required".They have doubts on silly things. My wife lives in Toronto, she was on EI when she sponsored me.I am experienced in mining industry so I had metioned Labrador as my destination after landing. We had planned to move there if needed and CIC doubts on that issue :eek: Can't somebody think of moving? We were just honest about our plans. They also have doubt about our relationship. We are a mature couple and have found soul mates at a later stage of life after being divorced. my wife mentioned in a question ( "if any of her children have met me?" ) that her children from her EX husband have not met me as they would not approve our marriage. Its obvious in South Asian culture about second marriages of parents that grownup kids may not approve the relationship but CIC thinks its something fishy lol. For these things they want to have an interview. My VO is LA ,USA. Does anyone have idea how long is their processing times?

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
lovelivelove said:
Hi All,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and making me understand the notes. Well, sadly, I read the notes again and it says "an interview is required".They have doubts on silly things. My wife lives in Toronto, she was on EI when she sponsored me.I am experienced in mining industry so I had metioned Labrador as my destination after landing. We had planned to move there if needed and CIC doubts on that issue :eek: Can't somebody think of moving? We were just honest about our plans. They also have doubt about our relationship. We are a mature couple and have found soul mates at a later stage of life after being divorced. my wife mentioned in a question ( "if any of her children have met me?" ) that her children from her EX husband have not met me as they would not approve our marriage. Its obvious in South Asian culture about second marriages of parents that grownup kids may not approve the relationship but CIC thinks its something fishy lol. For these things they want to have an interview. My VO is LA ,USA. Does anyone have idea how long is their processing times?
Right now the processing time is 19 months (which is a LONG wait) but I would say (from my experience) once you are done with interview (as per your GCMS notes say) you will be near.
My interview was in early april and I got PPR a week ago. Ofcourse it depends on how your interview went and other things IF they have already done like criminality, security, medical. If these things are already done by cic then it should not take time. Its just the eligibility you need to pass.
But before that just wait till you get interview date...(thats more important)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
lovelivelove said:
Hi All,
about you say CIC thinks something is fishy, I would think the same thing...why didnt your wife made you meet her children... this is something CIC would think like this. I know its something in your culture is not easily acceptable but CIC would not think like that...

But if your marriage is genuine then just be confident and your love will be seen by CIC and you will get approved

lovelivelove

Dec 11, 2012
Hi UsCa,
I understand what you are saying. Her children are adults married and living with her ex husband, haven't grownup in western culture and believes in typical one marriage tradition, thats the reason she hasn't told them. They think she shouldn't have divorced their father though her life was hell with him. Well hope we can make IO understand that.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
SALAM,
Let me frank with you all ok
If at anytime they are requesting an INTERVIEW do your best to get out of it if your able to.

Send more info on your relationship chats, phone calls with bills to show, also trips to visit each other anything of that nature to prove your relationship. Because once they receive this they then change their minds about a genuine relationship.

So don't wait till the cows come home to do this but do it now ok I pray all will be fine In Sha Allah