caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello @caipsnotes, I have a question here I had raised a webform to LVO on 11th July, 2020. This is the response I just got today after 2 months.

"Please be advised that due to ongoing restrictions in the United Kingdom relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC London is operating at significantly reduced capacity. Your application is awaiting review but we are unable to advise when this review will take place in the near term.

Please rest assured that we will contact you should anything additional be required. In view of the ongoing situation relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, no application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam, when unrestricted travel reopens.

We appreciate your patience at this time. Please continue to provide information on any changes to your mailing address, family composition or other details affecting your application.

Please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries. As such you will be contacted again once there is an update on the file."

However, as per my GCMS notes that were generated on 17th August,2020. Eligibility is cleared, criminality is passed and security is in progress/ completed. So what are your views?
Thanks for reaching out. The web form response is mostly a generic message but based on your Gcms Notes your application looks in good shape. You have passed the most important stage, Eligibility Review and that's great. Like you have mentioned your security is either underway or completed and the next steps should happen thereafter. Not much you can do at this time. You can consider requesting your CBSA notes if you want to gain some insight into security screening (tip : if you do request your CBSA notes you can request the GCMS notes at the same time for free)

Reactions: arbu45
Mar 29, 2019
Hello, greetings @caipsnotes
Ive couple of questions regarding my GCMS notes
1. I had done upfront medical which had passed but it's been a year since and in GCMS notes its saying MEDICAL- Passed-Expired (does it mean extended or I've to do it again?)
And in portal it says--you do not need a medical exam we'll let you know if this changes.
Should I wait or do medical upfront again?

2. Everything has been passed (eligibility, criminality, info sharing, medical-passed-expired). But in security it says not started, LOCATION : Ready for ps-
It's been like this for 6 months and due date is in 2 months. There is also (s15) written in top right Corner
What does it mean?
Thank you

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Thanks for reaching out. The web form response is mostly a generic message but based on your Gcms Notes your application looks in good shape. You have passed the most important stage, Eligibility Review and that's great. Like you have mentioned your security is either underway or completed and the next steps should happen thereafter. Not much you can do at this time. You can consider requesting your CBSA notes if you want to gain some insight into security screening (tip : if you do request your CBSA notes you can request the GCMS notes at the same time for free)
Thank you for your response. One more question here. My activities are redacted from Activity 1 to Activity 10 under S.15(1). So, is it possible that my security might have gone for screening process and can take longer than usual?

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for your response. One more question here. My activities are redacted from Activity 1 to Activity 10 under S.15(1). So, is it possible that my security might have gone for screening process and can take longer than usual?
You are welcome. Redaction is normal and quite possibly in your case as your describe it your security may have completed. Most security checks are done in roughly a month. If it has been more than about 2 months since Eligibility Review was "Passed" and security has not yet concluded, then the application may be in enhanced screening. More about screening here https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/

Reactions: arbu45

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
What do you understand by recommend interview? pls
Majority of the times when an applicant is called for an interview it's because the visa officer needs to verify some information from the applicant or it can be because the applicant has been randomly selected for a quality assurance review. In GCMS notes, the reason for the interview is not disclosed and is always redacted. Also see Conducting interviews

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I was told Recommend Interview is first assigned by the first officer from VO and once confirmed by the primary officer back in Canada. It changes to Interview required and that’s when Interview date is scheduled but I could be wrong

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I was told Recommend Interview is first assigned by the first officer from VO and once confirmed by the primary officer back in Canada. It changes to Interview required and that’s when Interview date is scheduled but I could be wrong
You are correct, Eligibility Review is done in 2 stages. So this a recommendation by an agent or an analyst and the final decision lies with the officer at which point it may change to Interview Required. So right now page 2 Assessment looks like one of these examples with Recommend Interview?
https://gcmsnotes.com/stories/sample-gcms/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
1. I had done upfront medical which had passed but it's been a year since and in GCMS notes its saying MEDICAL- Passed-Expired (does it mean extended or I've to do it again?)
And in portal it says--you do not need a medical exam we'll let you know if this changes.

2. Everything has been passed (eligibility, criminality, info sharing, medical-passed-expired). But in security it says not started, LOCATION : Ready for ps-
It's been like this for 6 months and due date is in 2 months. There is also (s15) written in top right Corner
What does it mean?
Thank you

1. This means that your medicals were passed and then expired. After your medicals are expired either the officer who has carriage of your file will extend your medicals or ask for a re-medical.

2. For s15 see https://bit.ly/3hEKeGu Under section 15 of the Access to Information Act, the information released is redacted.

All security related info will be redacted in your GCMS notes. The security only starts after your eligibility has been conclusively passed by an officer. See the following link to compare if you have an officer's note in your GCMS notes.

https://bit.ly/3iyvVVn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What do you understand by recommend interview? pls
When IRCC need to confirm of verify some aspects of your application, you may be called for an interview. Interviews can also be conducted on a random basis for program integrity and quality. The reason why an applicant has been called for an interview is never disclosed and is redacted from the GCMS notes. Most EE applicants see that the interviews are very generic and general conversations. Search the forum for interviews and you will see many applicants who have posted their interview experience with IRCC and most of them was a very general conversation with a few questions on their employment.

For spousal sponsorship applications the interview are targeted towards ascertaining the genuine of the relationship. Google it and you will see lots of examples and advice. As long as your application is truthful, you need not worry.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello, greetings @caipsnotes

What does it mean?
Thank you
Hi, thanks for reaching out.

#1 If it's been > 1 year then the medicals have expired but wait to hear from IRCC before taking any action. You may consider contacting IRCC using a web form to request an extension which may or may not be granted

#2 If Security explicitly says Not Started then you just have to wait for IRCC to take the next steps, nothing an applicant can do about it. There is a misconception that requesting GCMS may result in action from IRCC and doing so will not move the file to the next stage. s15 is just an exemption taken by IRCC, all the exemptions are listed in this grid https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid

When you received the GCMS, the email accompanying it would have stated as follows

The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

All the best

Rahulmodi9669

Dec 13, 2018
1.-)App status reason:_ Inventory-SPR - SPR = Sponsor and inventory = record checks
2.)PA Counter foil required means :_ YES - This simply means that you are not visa-exempt
3) eligibility assessment (NOt started) dua date for PA- Showing Feb22/2021...any idea?? - Means Eligibility is yet to start, Feb 2021 should be the furthest Due date. Nothing to worry about here, those actions are usually concluded way before the due date.
4). application status 2 (for PA applicant):- TFR eligibilty means - Means Transfer of Eligibility, usually to CPC Ottawa
5)..what is biographic for PA? any idea - Checking of your Personal Data with other Agencies like the US DHS
Hi! Can you pls elaborate on what does "Record Checks" mean here or what do they carry out during this process?
Ive been searching for the meaning of "Inventory-SPR" since last month but this is the first time I found a description or meaning of the same. It wud be a great help to me and many more like me.
Thanks again.