+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hello everyone and @caipsnotes

I have gotten my first set of GCMS notes back and it seems like my application is currently in queue to be processed. However since I had a UCI number from my study permit, I find it weird that they have another UCI number / party ID assigned to me that starts with the letter "T" with 12 numeric numbers following that. To my understanding this is not the usual format of UCI. Does anyone happen to know if this is normal?

Thank you again for the answers in this thread.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

I have gotten my first set of GCMS notes back and it seems like my application is currently in queue to be processed. However since I had a UCI number from my study permit, I find it weird that they have another UCI number / party ID assigned to me that starts with the letter "T" with 12 numeric numbers following that. To my understanding this is not the usual format of UCI. Does anyone happen to know if this is normal?

It's the second or third time I've read this happening. Not sure why, precisely, but I have seen it before. Does your other UCI appear in the notes?

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
It's the second or third time I've read this happening. Not sure why, precisely, but I have seen it before. Does your other UCI appear in the notes?
Hello! Thanks for the response.

I have been asking around so I don't know if all the inquires were just me asking on different platforms :p
I can't seem to find my UCI number on the notes. I left it blank on the application because I did not realize it would be the same one until after it was sent out. Even though I enclosed my study permit and the UCI is clearly visible on there. Also, my study permit was applied under my first nationality (I am a dual citizen) and my PR is applied under my second - I don't know if this would affect anything.

Reactions: Sacur

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

I have been asking around so I don't know if all the inquires were just me asking on different platforms :p
I can't seem to find my UCI number on the notes. I left it blank on the application because I did not realize it would be the same one until after it was sent out. Even though I enclosed my study permit and the UCI is clearly visible on there. Also, my study permit was applied under my first nationality (I am a dual citizen) and my PR is applied under my second - I don't know if this would affect anything.
Ah, may have been you then.

Your dual citizenships and such may be just enough to confuse them. It's not really an issue to be honest. Many people have duplicated UCIs and IRCC doesn't hold it against you.

Completely hypothesizing, but the "T" could stand for "temporary."

Reactions: adyc and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

The different nationalities is the type of thing that could lead to an 'extra' UCI. Only speculation really, but it is a common type of database issue (original specifications didn't contemplate multiple nationalities).

Reactions: adyc and k.h.p.

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
Thanks for the replies people!
I am just generally confused because the format doesn't even follow the standard UCI format of xxxx-xxxx or xx-xxxx-xxxx. Hopefully things will be clarified soon.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the replies people!
I am just generally confused because the format doesn't even follow the standard UCI format of xxxx-xxxx or xx-xxxx-xxxx. Hopefully things will be clarified soon.
You're not likely to get a clarification on this. They are doing all kinds of things right now with file numbers and such - sending out AORs without application numbers, so on - and a T in your UCI makes literally zero difference in your file, so IRCC will not in any circumstances be likely to "clarify" it for you.

You may just eventually find that a new UCI or your first UCI is edited into the file.

Reactions: adyc

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
You're not likely to get a clarification on this. They are doing all kinds of things right now with file numbers and such - sending out AORs without application numbers, so on - and a T in your UCI makes literally zero difference in your file, so IRCC will not in any circumstances be likely to "clarify" it for you.

You may just eventually find that a new UCI or your first UCI is edited into the file.
Oops thats I meant by clarification. Sorry if it sounded like I was probing!

Reactions: k.h.p.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
So we just received the notes which were ordered 2,5 weeks ago:

Eligibility: In progress
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
Info Sharing: Complete
Medical: Passed
It’s also said Application Assignment:
Due date 2020.06.30.

I’m an October applicant, AOR2 was received on June 1st. Our VO is Warsaw. Common-law.

I’ve got a question. Hope someone knows the answer. It’s highly appreciated.
There’s “Eligibility Assignment 1
Created date 2020.01.13 (When it was in Sydney)
Updated date 2020.04.17 (When it was in Warsaw)

I thought It’s a just part of the process to check the eligibility. But after reading other threads it made me think that there’s a problem with my eligibility. Should I be concerned?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes this the web reply I got
The background verifications are in process
The security background verification has not been initiated
The criminal background verifications is currently valid
The eligibility is passed
The medical examination results on file are valid
Furthermore all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment
Hi, thanks for sharing. It does say Passed, if that's accurate then that's great! In due course your Security screening will start.
Background verification is a generic term that covers your criminality check, info sharing and security screening. After some time you may consider raising another web form to see if there is progress on security checks. All the best.

Reactions: Vuyyuru

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So we just received the notes which were ordered 2,5 weeks ago:

Eligibility: In progress
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
Info Sharing: Complete
Medical: Passed
It’s also said Application Assignment:
Due date 2020.06.30.

I’m an October applicant, AOR2 was received on June 1st. Our VO is Warsaw. Common-law.

I’ve got a question. Hope someone knows the answer. It’s highly appreciated.
There’s “Eligibility Assignment 1
Created date 2020.01.13 (When it was in Sydney)
Updated date 2020.04.17 (When it was in Warsaw)

I thought It’s a just part of the process to check the eligibility. But after reading other threads it made me think that there’s a problem with my eligibility. Should I be concerned?
Go to the final pages and see if there are more notes from the visa officer - longer notes where the visa officer actually writes in their opinion. See if there's a reason for the review required mention. It may be nothing, it may be an issue.

Reactions: passenger19

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Hi, thanks for reaching out. You have received input on your question, my only add is that it will sort itself out as you should have only 1 UCI at the end of day

Reactions: adyc

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for your reply. There is no activity under my eligibility assessment other than the lead officer from Sydney, NS creating such assessment. Bizarrely, my info sharing shows system error, with US biographic causing the problem. I wonder if it has some impact on my file.

I have a UCI with my temporary resident visa application, and they promoted it to be my UCI for spousal sponsorship application. It shows on my sponsor approval and AOR letter.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions on what to do at this stage? I really appreciate your help.
Hi thanks for reaching out and providing additional info. Your UCI number will not change from one application to another. If you didn't have one previously then issuance of a UCI can indicate what stage you are at.

At times in the GCMS notes an applicant may see "Info Sharing: System Error" All this means is that either no information was found or a technical error occurred in accessing the information. Associated with this you may also see the comments "Contact GCMS Helpdesk or Proceed with processing the application, at the VO's discretion"

Suggest, to have your sponsor contact the local MP and assist with inquiring about the status. Under Canada’s Privacy Act (Section 8 [2] [g]) IRCC is obligated to respond in a matter of a couple of days and release the information.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Go to the final pages and see if there are more notes from the visa officer - longer notes where the visa officer actually writes in their opinion. See if there's a reason for the review required mention. It may be nothing, it may be an issue.
Thank you for your response. Last notes were added on March 5th and June 4th. They copy-pasted my emails about delays in updating medicals (2,5 months delay) and the change of my address. So no signs of reasons why “Review required” was added. As I mentioned before this status was updated on April 17th. The thing is that I sent the second email asking if there’s a problem with my medical results on this day. It shows that the medical part was updated on April 17th at 9:20 am, at 9:21 am I got an email saying that everything is updated now. At 9:47, after 27 mins, Eligibility Assignment 1 was updated - from some unknown status to “Review Required“. Probably we pissed the officer off with that email, I don’t know. The good thing is that it shows Status: Open and In progress, at least it’s not on hold due to Covid.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for your response. Last notes were added on March 5th and June 4th. They copy-pasted my emails about delays in updating medicals (2,5 months delay) and the change of my address. So no signs of reasons why “Review required” was added. As I mentioned before this status was updated on April 17th. The thing is that I sent the second email asking if there’s a problem with my medical results on this day. It shows that the medical part was updated on April 17th at 9:20 am, at 9:21 am I got an email saying that everything is updated now. At 9:47, after 27 mins, Eligibility Assignment 1 was updated - from some unknown status to “Review Required“. Probably we pissed the officer off with that email, I don’t know. The good thing is that it shows Status: Open and In progress, at least it’s not on hold due to Covid.
It could also be something completely innocent: IRCC may be using junior analysts to conduct initial reviews and the "review required" flag could be because someone not authorized to exercise discretion in finalizing eligibility review needs a visa officer to finalize it.