+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Yes so because eligibility had not begun for us, we don't know yet if there is going to be an interview yet. Is your eligibility started?
It is not started.

I found this This lead officer at CPC-M when he/she creates this eligibility criteria which is above, he/she will quickly review PA's eligibility against
your supporting documents, if he/she finds them good then will proceed marking your STATUS on PA's Eligibility which is above. Here is what I find out: when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern. When the lead officer in Mississauga mark REVIEW REQUIRED or REVIEW NEEDEDit is a code message to the lead officer at the visa office signifying to him/her that you really need to check this relationship carefully there are so many holes and might possibly lead to an interview in the future.

Reactions: 07292015

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
It is not started.

I found this This lead officer at CPC-M when he/she creates this eligibility criteria which is above, he/she will quickly review PA's eligibility against
your supporting documents, if he/she finds them good then will proceed marking your STATUS on PA's Eligibility which is above. Here is what I find out: when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern. When the lead officer in Mississauga mark REVIEW REQUIRED or REVIEW NEEDEDit is a code message to the lead officer at the visa office signifying to him/her that you really need to check this relationship carefully there are so many holes and might possibly lead to an interview in the future.
Yes that is what I've read as well. However, the VO might not find anything wrong and could write eligibility recommended and send back to the lead VO. It all depends on the nature of the relationship. Is yours a complicated case? Do you think there are red flags, like age differences, second marriage etc?

Our GCMS said eligibility not started and we don't think ours is a complicated case so fingers crossed we should be fine. Hope that you guys don't have to go through an interview. What's your time line like and what's your VO?

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Yes that is what I've read as well. However, the VO might not find anything wrong and could write eligibility recommended and send back to the lead VO. It all depends on the nature of the relationship. Is yours a complicated case? Do you think there are red flags, like age differences, second marriage etc?

Our GCMS said eligibility not started and we don't think ours is a complicated case so fingers crossed we should be fine. Hope that you guys don't have to go through an interview. What's your time line like and what's your VO?
No I dont think so any red flags first and arranged marriage for both. Hope same for you. My file was received in june 2017. And VO is London how about urs?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Don't wait. They are already in default. They have 30 calendar days to respond. This is legislated, they can't complain about volume or some other BS.

IRCC likes to say that the due date is the following business day if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, but they're making things up. The legislation makes no mention of this.

When a government organization doesn't take ATIP requests seriously, they are not taking democracy seriously.

You have to submit it by mail, unfortunately. http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

If you wish to lodge a formal complaint under the Access to Information Act, please write to:

Office of the Information Commissioner
30 Victoria Street
Gatineau, Québec K1A 1H3

For security reasons, we cannot accept complaints by email or phone, but can provide general information on the complaint process.
I finally got my notes (36 days after).

I had the complaint form all filled out and ready to fax tomorrow if the notes didn't come.

There was nothing out of the ordinary causing the delay .... they are just very backlogged.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
yes it has started. In gcms notes under officers notes it says "relationship appears to be genuine"

I have a dismissed dui also, so i think this has something to do with it. It says no reportable trace on my FBI background check. However I sent in a legal opinion letter that contains all the court dockets for my case. At the end of the officers notes it says "officer to review court records"

I think this may be why it says "review required"
Our eligibility is also finally in progress. Our notes were generated Aug 28 and our last set was generated June 28. Between these dates, the officer looked at our file once on July 25 and again on August 15. I am not sure what they looked at, but in the notes it also only says "review required". There was a long pre-assessment summary written about our relationship ... all the dates and highlights like when we met and when we cohabitated (we are common-law) and how we communicate, number of visits we made, our correspondences from Facebook, WhatsApp, phone records, photos, joint bank accounts, beneficiary info, letters of support from friends/family, etc) and there was nothing written about relationship seems genuine, only the facts.

We were hoping to get some clue about whether we are recommended to have an interview, however, no mention of that, only review required.

I'm still not sure if we are in the clear for no interview. Second week of August, MP called IRCC and they told them they do not disclose that information. Not sure why some other people here were able to get info from MP about being in queue for interview, but we were told they don't disclose that info only when they send out email to applicant.

Just sharing that we have the same status, but I can't tell you if that means that they are signalling that you have red flags or that is just what they put down to say they are still going over the eligibility info.

Our red flags are a big age difference and maybe that we waited a long time to apply for sponsorship (5 year relationship but cohabited 4 years ago).

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Were you able to figure out what does this mean I have the same in my notes
I read somewhere, that was the case (group number appearing). I have no first hand experience with this though.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I finally got my notes (36 days after).

I had the complaint form all filled out and ready to fax tomorrow if the notes didn't come.

There was nothing out of the ordinary causing the delay .... they are just very backlogged.
Well good to hear that you got your notes at least. I expect to get mine any day this week. I want to say I'll go to the MP if I don't get them, but again, it's kind of an empty claim because I just don't have the energy these days...

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
I read somewhere, that was the case (group number appearing). I have no first hand experience with this though.
I've read the same on this thread. It must be horrible to get smacked with an interview. The wait can take months and you're not even officially notified until a month before the interview. But if you can figure out about it beforehand through your notes or CSE to the VO, there are ways to address their concerns and take yourself out of the queue. I've seen people doing it on this forum.

Also, if there's been no movement on your file for over 2 months but the VO has everything they need (meds, PCCs, etc.), that's when I would really start worrying about the possibility of an interview.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I've read the same on this thread. It must be horrible to get smacked with an interview. The wait can take months and you're not even officially notified until a month before the interview. But if you can figure out about it beforehand through your notes or CSE to the VO, there are ways to address their concerns and take yourself out of the queue. I've seen people doing it on this forum.

Also, if there's been no movement on your file for over 2 months but the VO has everything they need (meds, PCCs, etc.), that's when I would really start worrying about the possibility of an interview.
My notes say they looked at the file in July then 3 weeks later in August. Still no indication of an interview. MP's office could not get IRCC to tell them if we are in queue. Our app is at the 8 month mark as of next week. Only significant change is that eligibility was in progress and status said review required. I read all I could about this and some people who were told they did not need an interview had this in their notes and others who needed an interview also had this in their notes. So it seems I still don't have an answer as to whether we are in queue for an interview. Not much I can do but wait now .....

Right now, I just hope that the Visa Office in Mexico is still functional after the earthquake. Yet another setback. I feel terrible for the people there, but at the same time am legitimately worried that this might be an immediate issue in delaying processing.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
My notes say they looked at the file in July then 3 weeks later in August. Still no indication of an interview. MP's office could not get IRCC to tell them if we are in queue. Our app is at the 8 month mark as of next week. Only significant change is that eligibility was in progress and status said review required. I read all I could about this and some people who were told they did not need an interview had this in their notes and others who needed an interview also had this in their notes. So it seems I still don't have an answer as to whether we are in queue for an interview. Not much I can do but wait now .....

Right now, I just hope that the Visa Office in Mexico is still functional after the earthquake. Yet another setback. I feel terrible for the people there, but at the same time am legitimately worried that this might be an immediate issue in delaying processing.
Try emailing vo.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Try emailing vo.
I am hesitant to email the VO for a few reasons.

First, even if they are operational, they frown on you emailing them. (I have already emailed them asking for status updates before and apparently this kind of is a black mark against you). They state in multiple places not to bother them unless they send you a request for information.

Second, they are probably being inundated by people in the same boat as me, worried about the physical state of the Visa Office building. Likely they won't answer. If there has been damage to the building and somehow people are not allowed in to work, I won't hear from them for sure. No telling what the status of the Visa Office will be. I'm sure some others more paranoid than me will provide the answer in days to come ... so I'll wait to read about it later.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Right, I understand that. My husband's not the most friendly either. I never emailed them about an interview date. However, asked in person about interview date. Told they were waiting for a couple more files to schedule at same time. That vo appeared to do only 4 in a week. Two on Tuesday and two on Thursday. I once tried to email more proof. Was told to bring them to the interview. And one other time I asked if they had sent our file to Immigration Appeal Division or CSBA. So over the course of 3 yrs. I emailed them twice.
Well hopefully you find out sooner than later that everything is okay.