TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
I am not taking any side actually. But to be honest, I am not sure what any of this has to do with Family Sponsorship questions or GCMS notes.
The delay of GCMS notes caused by Immigration and ATIP officers that are overseen by Mr. Trudeau .

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
TANMEX said:
The delay of GCMS notes caused by Immigration and ATIP officers that are overseen by Mr. Trudeau .
That's actually not true. Though he would bear responsibility for fall-out across his government, he isn't overseeing any of the operations in Immigration.

The privacy custodians at IRCC have enough work to do, trying to keep up with the requests. Consider this: The custodians have to parse hundreds of pages of notes per request to redact any information protected under AtI or PA. Now, take a reasonable rate like 10,000 per month. How would you fair?

Cut them a break. After all, they could just not permit access to them at all....

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
TANMEX said:
I don't know if this is true or not, the only thing I can assure about Bogota VO is that this year most cases have been processed very fast.
Bogota VO usually takes a year to send out PPR and a couple of us have only waited for it an average of 7 months.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
Cut them a break. After all, they could just not permit access to them at all....
No, they can't and by law they are required to respond within 30 days. It does not matter how many requests they receive.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
No, they can't.
Sure they could -- the federal government could decide to revoke the portion of acts that ATIP implements. Not that I am at all saying they would, but certainly it's possible to do.

More to the point, people shouldn't complain when they can get access to the notes. More patience is required.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
I don't know if this is true or not, the only thing I can assure about Bogota VO is that this year most cases have been processed very fast.
Bogota VO usually takes a year to send out PPR and a couple of us have only waited for it an average of 7 months.
Of course you don't know if that is true . no one knows , only here in the forum where you hear the actual people frustrated by the very long unjustified processing time .

few fast application here and there , but the rest remained the same or worsened .

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Sure they could -- the federal government could decide to revoke the portion of acts that ATIP implements. Not that I am at all saying they would, but certainly it's possible to do.

More to the point, people shouldn't complain when they can get access to the notes. More patience is required.
NO THEY CAN'T , and the Govt is no doing us a favor . it's their legal obligations to show us how they handle people's business .

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
TANMEX said:
NO THEY CAN'T , and the Govt is no doing us a favor . it's their legal obligations to show us how they handle people's business .
You're saying the federal government, MP's and Senators cannot revoke a law?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
basic rights cannot be revoked . MPs make laws to make people live's easier not harder .

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
TANMEX said:
basic rights cannot be revoked . MPs make laws to make people live's easier not harder .
Heh. That's not a basic right. Anyways..

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
They would need to scrap the ENTIRE ATIP act, which would not go over very well...

profiler said:
More patience isn't required, they have 30 days. That's the law. If they can't keep up with requests they should hire more people. It is completely unreasonable to expect people to wait beyond the deadline for their ATIP files.

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
GCMS notes are not basic rights, they are a kind of courtesy. The government has no obligations to release confidential information.
If you think Canadian government is pain in the .... look around the rest of the world.
And that being said I think it's ridiculous people to request notes when they even haven't got SA.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Heh. That's not a basic right. Anyways..
Of yes it is , right to access of information keep the government accountable and not to do things behind closed doors and no body knows .

can you explain why Security and Criminality is Big and time consuming for PR applicants and it's not a concerns for Visitor Visa Applicants ?

is the Government telling us they can check TRV applicant's criminality and security in record time and they can't do it for PR applicants ?

or Only PR applicants pause a risk to Canada ?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Shantaveli said:
GCMS notes are not basic rights, they are a kind of courtesy. The government has no obligations to release confidential information.
If you think Canadian government is pain in the .... look around the rest of the world.
And that being said I think it's ridiculous people to request notes when they even haven't got SA.
Wrong.

It is a basic human right.

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/freedom-of-expression/freedom-of-information/

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
They would need to scrap the ENTIRE ATIP act, which would not go over very well...

More patience isn't required, they have 30 days. That's the law. If they can't keep up with requests they should hire more people. It is completely unreasonable to expect people to wait beyond the deadline for their ATIP files.
It turns out I am currently involved in some privacy act revision requests -- I can tell you that my research along the way has pointed to the Privacy Commission is looking at reducing vexatious and frivolous requests. This means they are actually looking at reworking the Privacy Act (and therefore ATIP). But don't take my word for it, do the research yourself and see!

Sometimes a little patience goes a long way -- and irritating the government when they are doing their best to service your request is one way to make sure they revise the Privacy Act and ATIP in the wrong direction.

$0.05