+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
By the way, did they ask for a phlegm test? Or the applicant disclosed in act be TB or the TB blood test showed TB?

Usually, abnormalities showing on x-ray is sent to a phlegm test which is a culture test that can take up to 3 months to prove their is no active TB and if so applicant is issued visa and they get a letter to see a doctor in Canada.

In Canada 3 courses of antibiotics is prescribed to prepare the patient against future TB issues.

Maybe rules are changed and they will ask applicant to do the same in home country bit I doubt it.
Yes we got a Sputum test due to abnormality in the X ray . The sputum test was done and was negative..
A course was already taken for inactive TB and the same was communicated with the IRCc in coordination with the panel physician ..

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Yes we got a Sputum test due to abnormality in the X ray . The sputum test was done and was negative..
A course was already taken for inactive TB and the same was communicated with the IRCc in coordination with the panel physician ..
So maybe those notes are old then and new ones were not shown by the time GCMS notes were issued?!

P.S. how long was the antibiotic course?

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Applied GCMS 42 days ago and still no response . Think they are backlogged in ATIP too

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
We received our GCMS notes today at the 31st day after sending them an email.

Seems like Criminality is passed and Eligibility says Recommend passed. Security is shown blank in one section and It has updated to passed under new value...

Not sure what else we are waiting for at this point. Biometrics and medical is also passed.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
We received our GCMS notes today at the 31st day after sending them an email.

Seems like Criminality is passed and Eligibility says Recommend passed. Security is shown blank in one section and It has updated to passed under new value...

Not sure what else we are waiting for at this point. Biometrics and medical is also passed.
If security is really PASSED then you need to do medical again (if old one is expired or close to expire - i.e. one month left). Otherwise, they should be asking for PPR. Send them an email. CIC as a whole is very disorganized so reminders help.

However, I know those notes are sometimes a bit confusing and you have to read in an order and pay attention to dates to make sure security is really PASS and not just a mistake. For example, someone can select PASS and then send to CBSA for check and change the value back to IN PROGRESS.

If your GCMS notes are from CBSA they reveal more. If they are from CIC they reveal less when it comes to security.

Last edited:

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
If security is really PASSED then you need to do medical again (if old one is expired or close to expire - i.e. one month left). Otherwise, they should be asking for PPR. Send them an email. CIC as a whole is very disorganized so reminders help.

However, I know those notes are sometimes a bit confusing and you have to read in an order and pay attention to dates to make sure security is really PASS and not just a mistake. For example, someone can select PASS and then send to CBSA for check and change the value back to IN PROGRESS.

If your GCMS notes are from CBSA they reveal more. If they are from CIC they reveal less when it comes to security.
What would i say on the email and whom would i send to? Our file was with cpc-m but was transferred to manila for eligibility review.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
AOR Sept 17th 2018

I had received my GCMS notes today and the following statement was under description in Medicals
"Has a condition that might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such an extent that the applicant is inadmissable under section 38(1)
IME status : Assessed
IME status reason : Not Granted.

S Profile 2.02
Description: Inactive Tuberculosis

What does this mean ? Is it only surveillance or I might receive a PFL or rejection??

Eligibility: met
Medicals : In progress
Criminality: Passed

Can someone let's us know what IME status reason is ?

For PA IME status is Granted
May I ask when did u order your GCMS notes? Did they take exactly 31 days to receive or did u get them sooner?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
What would i say on the email and whom would i send to? Our file was with cpc-m but was transferred to manila for eligibility review.
Compose a short email asking if all medical is passed and if so what is the next step?

This is best to go to Manilla directly either by webform (Google it) or maybe you have their email contact through previous communication.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
wow 60 days?? thats not good. Sorry i should have asked what VO are you dealing with? Does the VO make a difference as to when the notes are received?
VO is not related to ATIP requests unless you have asked the copies of application on files in which case they will scan and send you which *may delay few days but just GCMS notes has nothing to do with VO.

rach_yyz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hello All,

I received my GCMS notes today. Can someone explain what "relevant NCB for PA" means? Here is the context with which it was written:

I have reviewed this application and based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following: Sponsorship Category: FC1 ORG: GREEN Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI Sponsor Promoted: New UCI SPR: Previous relationship Client Fees: Verified Principal Applicant -----POLICE CERTIFICATE-----JAMAICA Review Required Provided Stat Questions Sch.A -----INFORMATION FOR REVIEW-----Relevant NCB for PA

Thanks!