+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes SOWP “approved”

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hello!
I’ve learnt so much from this forum and shared experiences with many so I thought mine will be useful for someone.
I applied for Masters in Canada and my student visa was approved in November 2019 for May intake.
I applied for SOWP for my husband including my son before COVID-19 on March 3rd from Australia because my husband is just finishing his education there. (my son and I are in our home country)
So I included my POE letter and University LOA only in their application.
I could not fly due to the lockdown and I started and completed the May semester online from my home country.
My husband received his Biometrics correspondence letter on July 16th, and thereafter we haven’t heard anything, so on August 5th I applied for GCMS notes and recieved approval on the notes yesterday. I’m assuming we didn’t get the passport request because Melbourne is under complete lockdown since Mid July.
So what I need to say is write a strong SOP, the pandemic is new to everyone so don’t worry about studying online, apply for your spouse and children because I know how it would feel to leave them behind. Maybe SOWP is not guaranteed but it’s always worth giving a try.

Last edited:

Visha1995

Jun 1, 2020
Congratulations @Rayfah...
I received my biometrics correspondence letter on june 21st...till now no other updates....my husband has applied for gcms on 16th August...hope so we receive gcms asap..i applied on March 9 before lockdown..
Can u share what exactly it's written in gcms notes if our visa gets approved?
Thanks in advance

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I received my biometrics correspondence letter on june 21st...till now no other updates....my husband has applied for gcms on 16th August...hope so we receive gcms asap..i applied on March 9 before lockdown..
Thanks in advance
You can use this to read your GCMS notes https://help.gcmsnotes.com/got-gcms-next
Hope it helps

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello!
I’ve learnt so much from this forum and shared experiences with many so I thought mine will be useful for someone.
I applied for Masters in Canada and my student visa was approved in November 2019 for May intake.
I applied for SOWP for my husband including my son before COVID-19 on March 3rd from Australia because my husband is just finishing his education there. (my son and I are in our home country)
So I included my POE letter and University LOA only in their application.
I could not fly due to the lockdown and I started and completed the May semester online from my home country.
My husband received his Biometrics correspondence letter on July 16th, and thereafter we haven’t heard anything, so on August 5th I applied for GCMS notes and recieved approval on the notes yesterday. I’m assuming we didn’t get the passport request because Melbourne is under complete lockdown since Mid July.
So what I need to say is write a strong SOWP, the pandemic is new to everyone so don’t worry about studying online, apply for your spouse and children because I know how it would feel to leave them behind. Maybe SOWP is not guaranteed but it’s always worth giving a try.
Congrats! By the way what do you mean by "write strong SOWP?" you mean to say Statement of Purpose?

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Thanks in advance
Received your gcms notes?

AleMah

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,

I need to apply SOWP. Could anyone help me understand the important points to be gone into the SOP?

My wife has started her studies from Sep 6th 2022