+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes: Security status hidden after told it was passed

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Dear Knowledgeable friends,

My AOR is March 13, 2018. I requested GCMS notes last year and it showed that my wife has passed security and all. My security status was blank.

In January 2019, I was told over the phone by an agent that I passed security as well. I request another set of GCMS notes last month and just got them today and here is the strange thing:

All security fields related to my wife and I are blank, or erased or covered. I am not sure why. I compared this to the last notes and it is clear that they hid everything in those fields this time.

A due date on the second page of the notes is: March 7th 2019.

can you please help me get an answer of why this is happening? Is it normal to hide these values from the notes?

If the notes are not going to tell me everything about my application then what is the use?

Thank you,

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW

My AOR is March 13, 2018. I requested GCMS notes last year and it showed that my wife has passed security and all. My security status was blank.

In January 2019, I was told over the phone by an agent that I passed security as well. I request another set of GCMS notes last month and just got them today and here is the strange thing:

All security fields related to my wife and I are blank, or erased or covered. I am not sure why. I compared this to the last notes and it is clear that they hid everything in those fields this time.

can you please help me get an answer of why this is happening? Is it normal to hide these values from the notes?

If the notes are not going to tell me everything about my application then what is the use?

Thank you,
Details related to security activities are redacted vide exemption under the Access to Information and Privacy Act.

Refer below extract for reference.

Exemptions
Responsibilities of Government
Marginal note:Information obtained in confidence

• 13 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information that was obtained in confidence from
    • (a) the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof;

• (b) an international organization of states or an institution thereof;

• (c) the government of a province or an institution thereof;

• (d) a municipal or regional government established by or pursuant to an Act of the legislature of a province or an institution of such a government; or

• (e) an aboriginal government.

Reactions: UKDreamer

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Details related to security activities are redacted vide exemption under the Access to Information and Privacy Act.

Refer below extract for reference.

Exemptions
Responsibilities of Government
Marginal note:Information obtained in confidence

• 13 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information that was obtained in confidence from
    • (a) the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof;

• (b) an international organization of states or an institution thereof;

• (c) the government of a province or an institution thereof;

• (d) a municipal or regional government established by or pursuant to an Act of the legislature of a province or an institution of such a government; or

• (e) an aboriginal government.
Thank you for your response, but I was wondering why they showed it "Passed" in the previous notes and hid it in the latest one. Maybe by mistake... I am curious because my application has taken so long. Almost 13 months now.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thank you for your response, but I was wondering why they showed it "Passed" in the previous notes and hid it in the latest one. Maybe by mistake... I am curious because my application has taken so long. Almost 13 months now.
Hi There
I am wondering what happens after that, did you receive your CoPR or what, cuz I am in the same situation they hide my notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you,
The security information will always be redacted in your GCMS notes. It can be under s.15, s.16 or another section of the Access to Information Act or Privacy Act.

To know under which provision it has been redacted, see the top right corner of the page and the section will be mentioned there.

In most cases it is s.15 or 16 of the Access to information act or a corresponding section of the Privacy Act.

If you do need to see an unreacted version, you can consider requesting CBSA notes. Most CBSA notes do not have this info redacted.

Reactions: Y@$h

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
The security information will always be redacted in your GCMS notes. It can be under s.15, s.16 or another section of the Access to Information Act or Privacy Act.

To know under which provision it has been redacted, see the top right corner of the page and the section will be mentioned there.

In most cases it is s.15 or 16 of the Access to information act or a corresponding section of the Privacy Act.

If you do need to see an unreacted version, you can consider requesting CBSA notes. Most CBSA notes do not have this info redacted.
Thanks for your reply

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hi There
I am wondering what happens after that, did you receive your CoPR or what, cuz I am in the same situation they hide my notes.
Yes, I got my case approved in August, and I am already in Canada.... best of luck to you and everyone else.

Thanks

Reactions: Y@$h