+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say PR approved in January, but no COPR/PPR letters or communication from IRCC

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
I just received GCMS notes that has a FINAL decision from officer that CLEARLY states the PR is approved.
The outgoing communication says there is a document issuance, a COPR document number,
there is also a counterfoil document number and it says there was a request letter sent in Jan 2020 "via: online" with pdf file name.
However, I didn't receive any COPR, any communication, no messages in the portal online.
So I've been approved for PR in January but still didn't get a passport request or a call for landing appointment/telecon interview.
I submitted a couple webforms since and all their replies are "we forwarded your request to the department"

How should I expedite that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eidsaed and Loren27

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just received GCMS notes that has a FINAL decision from officer that CLEARLY states the PR is approved.
The outgoing communication says there is a document issuance, a COPR document number,
there is also a counterfoil document number and it says there was a request letter sent in Jan 2020 "via: online" with pdf file name.
However, I didn't receive any COPR, any communication, no messages in the portal online.
So I've been approved for PR in January but still didn't get a passport request or a call for landing appointment/telecon interview.
I submitted a couple webforms since and all their replies are "we forwarded your request to the department"

Probably went to your junk mail. There is no way to expedite it. You've sent a Webform and have to wait. Given the delays and closures right now, it may be awhile before you hear anything.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015

Which VO are you ?
I had the same case. Application was approved January 12, but only got PPR on March 26, so more than 2 months later.

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes and that the final decision was approved on 16th dec 2019 at CPC Edmonton, and the file was transferred to my local VO, Toronto Etobicoke.
6th months passed on Feb 5, 2020.
The document issuance section says that there was a COPR document number, counterfoil document number.
There is no mention about any passport request letter.
I have been approved in December, but I havent received any email yet.
Is there anything else that I can check in my GCMS notes?

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes and that the final decision was approved on 16th dec 2019 at CPC Edmonton, and the file was transferred to my local VO, Toronto Etobicoke.
6th months passed on Feb 5, 2020.
The document issuance section says that there was a COPR document number, counterfoil document number.
There is no mention about any passport request letter.
I have been approved in December, but I havent received any email yet.
Is there anything else that I can check in my GCMS notes?
Sorry to hear that. I had the same issue application approved January, PPR March 26. I know very frustrating.
So on your GCMS notes do you have something called Application Kit sent ?

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
Sorry to hear that. I had the same issue application approved January, PPR March 26. I know very frustrating.
So on your GCMS notes do you have something called Application Kit sent ?
Yes, there is an outgoing correspondence:
Document : Application transferred
Item : Kit, Application forms
Item For : PA

What does this mean though?

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I had the same exact thing and it did it not make sense to me because since it is outgoing correspondance I was assuming the applicant (me) should be sent a document request or something. So what I did is I highlighted that part of the GCMS notes and attached it to a webform enquiry with a full explanation saying that according to GCMS , application is approved,...etc. A few days later I got PPR request.
It might very much be a coincidence but if I were you ,I would give it a try. Good luck.

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
I had the same exact thing and it did it not make sense to me because since it is outgoing correspondance I was assuming the applicant (me) should be sent a document request or something. So what I did is I highlighted that part of the GCMS notes and attached it to a webform enquiry with a full explanation saying that according to GCMS , application is approved,...etc. A few days later I got PPR request.
It might very much be a coincidence but if I were you ,I would give it a try. Good luck.
Thank you, I have done the same, told them that COPR and counterfoil was issued and about the application kit in the outgoing section.
Dont know how long will they take to reply though, or are they even issuing PPRs at this stage.
Hoping for the best.

Ric21

Apr 9, 2020
Hello All. Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in the same boat. Got my application approved Mar 12th and no PPR till now. I know that Covid19 situation probably slowed down the process. But just wonder if there was anything on GCMS notes indicating PPR was sent? Also, were you an inland applicant. Really worried I missed my PPR in junk email and Gmail auto clean every 30 days, so I couldn't check if something was sent in mid March.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello All. Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in the same boat. Got my application approved Mar 12th and no PPR till now. I know that Covid19 situation probably slowed down the process. But just wonder if there was anything on GCMS notes indicating PPR was sent? Also, were you an inland applicant. Really worried I missed my PPR in junk email and Gmail auto clean every 30 days, so I couldn't check if something was sent in mid March.
No nothing in GCMS said PPR was sent. You will get it soon. I know waiting is hard. But, look at the bright side , YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED

atinukeebi

Apr 14, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Thank-you for raising this thread. I just got my GCMS notes. Turns out I had been approved since October of 2019 COPR is on the queue ( don't understand how long the queue can get...we're in June!!!). I also discovered that the wrong details have been put as my passport details...my medical expire in September, so the landing visa is valid till September. I sent a web form immediately. I'm expecting their feedback.

Temi balo

Apr 15, 2019
Thank-you for raising this thread. I just got my GCMS notes. Turns out I had been approved since October of 2019 COPR is on the queue ( don't understand how long the queue can get...we're in June!!!). I also discovered that the wrong details have been put as my passport details...my medical expire in September, so the landing visa is valid till September. I sent a web form immediately. I'm expecting their feedback.
Hi, what's the feedback you got pls, and which VO was yours?

Vaik1985

Jun 16, 2020
Anyone got any updates?
Mine is AOR 27th Oct, IRCC agent says the application is approved on 12th March.and I will be contacted as soon as possible.
I do not see any updates in profile (its stills showing in progress).

BreakingBad199

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Same is the case with me. Mine was approved on 13th march and copr and counterfoil was generated.

Did you get PPR? What would you suggest me to do?

btzsa

Jul 20, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
08 May 2019
AOR Received.
18 Aug 2018
Med's Request
08 May 2019
Med's Done....
12 May 2019
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
I contacted CIC in May (medicals were expiring) and they said its still in progress.
I came to know from a second set of CBSA notes that my application was approved on 01 Oct 2019. Even a visa number (upper and lower line details) were mentioned and also the authorizations document. Last thing it shows was (print sequence) and then nothing. Document Issuance shows "Not Started", so clearly someone slept off.
After getting to know of all of this, however, I contacted them again in June. This time I got two responses; the first said that "A ready for visa mail was sent to your linked account on 02 October" and "we have forwarded your request to the relevant officer". I received no email and no update in my CIC account.
The second mail says "We can confirm that the previous agent forwarded your case to the relevant officer on 25 June and we invite you to contact us if you do not receive additional information or a decision by 25 July 2020".
So now I'm sitting and waiting again. Just to compound the misery, the last visa and COPR documents (and my medicals) were valid till 15 May 2020. I have been waiting since August 2018......

Does anyone have any idea if they've started issuing PPR's again for FSW(O) category??