+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes related query

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,

My sister, who is currently based out of USA, had applied for Canadian PR under express entry program. It has been more than a year now, however, she still hasn't received any update on the application. Her status shows that they are doing background checks and don't need any additional documents. She raised a web query as well asking if there is anything required from her side since its been more than a year now. The response to the query too was the same that they have all the documents and are doing background check and don't need anything additional from her.

What are the possible ways to find out where the application is stuck? I believe GCMS notes is one possible way. However
1) What are the requirements for ordering GCMS notes ? Can someone please help me with the process for it? 2) Also, any idea about how much are the charges for it?

PS: I am a PR of Canada and have recently moved here. Is there anything I can do to find out where my sister's application is stuck?

Thanks a lot in advance

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Thanks a lot Tanush. Any idea if GCMS notes help in anyway in expedition of the process?
It doesn’t help in anyway to expedite the process however it helps you understand the reason for delay in processing and take corrective measures proactively.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
It doesn’t help in anyway to expedite the process however it helps you understand the reason for delay in processing and take corrective measures proactively.
Hi Tanush,

(A) While I was trying to fill the consent form, I am a little confused. The form has 2 main sections
  1. Designated Representative's Information
  2. Applicant's information
  3. (Numbered Section 2.1) Related Individual’s Information
  4. (Numbered Section 2.2) Related Individual’s Information
  5. (Numbered Section 2.3) Related Individual’s Information
Since the notes need to be issued for my sister's profile, my understanding is that I am the "Designated Representative" and my sister is the applicant whose details need to be provided in Section 2 i.e. "Applicant's information". All other sections, (i.e. sections numbered from 2.1 through 2.3) shall be left blank.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

(B) Also, since she is based out of USA and I am in Canada, is it okay if she fills the form, prints it, signs the form, scans it, e-mails it to me, i print it, sign it, and then scan it again.

Please let me know if this is correct.

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I would like to apply gcms notes. I do not have a representative to do it. So can I leave the section blank?