Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
mec14 said:
That's not actually true... Mine is 'application received' but I know that they've passed me on medical grounds (now expired), assessed our relationship as genuine and recommended we pass, applied and received RCMP record, etc. All this back in August last year. My application was certainly 'in process' for while, but now I appear back in the queue.

If I had seen any update in ECAS to reflect that my application was moving along then I wouldn't have applied for GCMS notes. All I really wanted was some confidence that my application had arrived safely and was being looked at. A few small updates would certainly reduce the number of requests.
Medical has nothing to do with what they do at your visa office. Your medical is assessed in its own office dedicated to medical somewhere in Ontario and all they do is send the results to your VO. Your relationship evidence was probably skimmed by the first person who touched it who is trained to look for red flags so that people can be put in line for interviews. I don't know what you mean in regard to RCMP record.

When they first receive your app, or at least it appears so for my VO, seems like they review the file immediately looking for documents that need to be updated and review the relationship evidence deciding if an interview is needed. Once that's done they send out AOR2. Doesn't mean your file was in process, just means someone's checking to make sure it's complete so that when they are ready to review it, everything is there.

I mean, not every VO is the same of course, so it could be different, but I don't think the policies and procedures are that different at each place. For me I can tell that that's what happened because the notes about the interview being needed were dated the same day I received AOR2 with an updated document request.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
agarand8 said:
Medical has nothing to do with what they do at your visa office. Your medical is assessed in its own office dedicated to medical somewhere in Ontario and all they do is send the results to your VO. Your relationship evidence was probably skimmed by the first person who touched it who is trained to look for red flags so that people can be put in line for interviews. I don't know what you mean in regard to RCMP record.

When they first receive your app, or at least it appears so for my VO, seems like they review the file immediately looking for documents that need to be updated and review the relationship evidence deciding if an interview is needed. Once that's done they send out AOR2. Doesn't mean your file was in process, just means someone's checking to make sure it's complete so that when they are ready to review it, everything is there.

I mean, not every VO is the same of course, so it could be different, but I don't think the policies and procedures are that different at each place. For me I can tell that that's what happened because the notes about the interview being needed were dated the same day I received AOR2 with an updated document request.
I think both the above posts again highlight the need for regular updating of ECAS to allow the prospective applicant to have some idea of where their application is, rather than having to make this speculative guess work. It will reduce the requests for GCMS notes, and in my opinion increase processing times as it would avoid applicants being delayed/refused when they do receive requests for additional information but actually never receive the email/correspondence thus having to appeal, contact MP's etc. The information would be in black and white on the notes.

How the application is processed in terms of the medical, initial skimming, red flags, police checks is of little interest to me unless there is something to be concerned about, at which point they could update the notes. If its sitting in a pile waiting to be reviewed then I want to know its waiting to be reviewed. 'Application received' literally tells me nothing about where my application is in terms of processing.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
Yeah a lot of people landed really early, one July applicant got in process last week, a couple landed back in November, same with June, June was flying through. It is just since December that nothing has happened. There A LOT of July applicants that haven't heard a peep since December. If you check the July outland 2014 thread you'll see quite a few people highly concerned. Same with June. We were all really hopeful with how many applicants moved quickly early on, but everything stopped in December.
Its almost like during the holidays they just STOPPED lol

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
ydj_dil said:
with 30 day delay, but thats too much now right?
Yes it is really unacceptable for a Government service that we as Canadians are paying for. Something electronic such as this should be a maximum of a 2 week turn around. For some people the notes are not helpful but for us I feel they are. It gives us an idea as to what is left for completion and would help with my wife and I making some of our decisions.

Chris

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Christoph100 said:
Yes it is really unacceptable for a Government service that we as Canadians are paying for. Something electronic such as this should be a maximum of a 2 week turn around. For some people the notes are not helpful but for us I feel they are. It gives us an idea as to what is left for completion and would help with my wife and I making some of our decisions.

Chris
Not only that but it seems when some people do request their notes they find that CIC has lost a form or information and hasn't bothered to ask the applicant for another copy so the application sits frozen for months without a word. Sometimes asking for notes is the only way you know if they need something.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
AshleyAnne said:
Not only that but it seems when some people do request their notes they find that CIC has lost a form or information and hasn't bothered to ask the applicant for another copy so the application sits frozen for months without a word. Sometimes asking for notes is the only way you know if they need something.
I had seen that exact sort of thing on our notes, however we were lucky as they were able to request what was needed back from Mississauga and the notes show when the request was made and when CEM received it.

Chris

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I for one love seeing my notes. Honestly its the only thing that has keep me sane and this forum. Twice now while ordering notes i have found they have made mistakes and have lost documents. Ok so it might just be some one just skipping over our file in Mississauga and saying medicals received ,relation genuine ,and a recommend pass under eligibility for criminal record and has no concerns is a big deal for me. It at least gives me some light at the end of the tunnel,because ecas don't make me feel any better about our application plodding along. Bring forwarded dates or due dates may not mean anything to someone else but to me it means we have some sort of a plan. Each to our own but it gives me comfort.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
taffy7 said:
I for one love seeing my notes. Honestly its the only thing that has keep me sane and this forum. Twice now while ordering notes i have found they have made mistakes and have lost documents. Ok so it might just be some one just skipping over our file in Mississauga and saying medicals received ,relation genuine ,and a recommend pass under eligibility for criminal record and has no concerns is a big deal for me. It at least gives me some light at the end of the tunnel,because ecas don't make me feel any better about our application plodding along. Bring forwarded dates or due dates may not mean anything to someone else but to me it means we have some sort of a plan. Each to our own but it gives me comfort.
Exactly how I feel too and that is why I would like to see a 2 week maximum turn over for our notes. Bring fwd dates are a little confusing as the task assigned to that date is usually completed well in advance of it. But seeing bring fwd dates far in the future is disheartening. I have seen due dates as long as Sept 2015 but her meds will expire this July I just hope my wife will be able to land before her meds expire.

I should be receiving a new set of notes mid April and hopefully there will be some positive changes to be seen.

It is hard to plan anything when you don't know the status.

Chris

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Christoph100 said:
Exactly how I feel too and that is why I would like to see a 2 week maximum turn over for our notes. Bring fwd dates are a little confusing as the task assigned to that date is usually completed well in advance of it. But seeing bring fwd dates far in the future is disheartening. I have seen due dates as long as Sept 2015 but her meds will expire this July I just hope my wife will be able to land before her meds expire.

I should be receiving a new set of notes mid April and hopefully there will be some positive changes to be seen.

It is hard to plan anything when you don't know the status.

Chris
From what I can tell the due date is set by default to 1 year after SA, so I wouldn't read too much into it (based on my notes and a few other posts I've seen).

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think you have a point. My husband's is 'application received', medicals passed (now expired) and the notes briefly summarize when we met, got engaged and married and said that they are satisfied with the chronology of events (notes are in French). Eligibility status says "review required" and due date Feb 12, 2015 (1 year after SA approval). I ordered notes Feb 17th, too early to have had results. I also see file has been assigned to an officer and the same officer wrote the notes.

agarand8 said:
But honestly if you're seeing "application received" you're essentially just in line for review. You can order notes but unless you're waiting for an interview your notes aren't going to tell you anything. In my case I did get an interview so my notes showed me that I was added to an interview queue, they showed my additional document request, and our communications regarding the birth of my daughter. The only helpful thing it told me was that I was waiting for an interview. they didn't say why, there wasn't a paragraph with notes on our relationship evidence literally all it said was "add to Nicaragua interview queue". So at least I knew that much. But I think if I hadn't needed an interview it would have just been a wasted $5.