+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes -- Help

Tullyja

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I ordered my GCMS notes and all I got was a file with my scanned application --- forms and supporting documents. Nothing else, no notes, nothing from VO is this normal?
Has this ever happen to anyone before?

Any help would be appreciated.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Tullyja said:
Hi everyone,

I ordered my GCMS notes and all I got was a file with my scanned application --- forms and supporting documents. Nothing else, no notes, nothing from VO is this normal?

For what reason u had ordered GCMS notes ?? Was your Visa refused ??

Tullyja

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Yes my visa was refused in January of this year after it was with them for over 4 months. My processing time was 4 weeks. The reasons were:

1. purpose of visit
2. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
3. personal assets and financial status.

So I ordered the notes. I got accepted into a civil engineering co-op diploma program. Previous studies was in electrical engineering, diploma.

I showed proof of funds for one year--- tuition and living expenses. I had even paid for a semester.

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
Tullyja said:
Hi everyone,

I think your requester might have selected the other option while requesting the notes, I mean, while you are making a request to CIC for the GCMS/ CAIPS notes, you have to select what type of record do you want to get, they give the two options
1- The electronic notes (In which the officer review is mentioned in the last - I think you are referring to and want to get these)
2- The application, forms and correspondence (I think your requester have requested these records)
I'm attaching the picture for your reference (Click on the image for enlarge resolution)

Tullyja

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Thanks talhaixlam you have been very helpful and I really appreciate it.

Going to make a new request. Thanks again.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
talhaixlam said:
I think your requester might have selected the other option while requesting the notes, I mean, while you are making a request to CIC for the GCMS/ CAIPS notes, you have to select what type of record do you want to get, they give the two options
1- The electronic notes (In which the officer review is mentioned in the last - I think you are referring to and want to get these)
2- The application, forms and correspondence (I think your requester have requested these records)
I'm attaching the picture for your reference (Click on the image for enlarge resolution)

Good info. Thanks :)