+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes Clarification

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Good Evening,
My girlfriend received her visitor visa in June. She came to Canada for two weeks in July/ August. She is now back in her country.
Out of curiosity I order the visa officer notes for their decision to give her the visitor visa. I thought it would be interesting to see what factors may have lead to her approval. We just received the GCMS notes today. She was refused the first time she applied to visit Canada, but the second time we applied she got it. What I found interesting is that not much changed from the first application. We just added more supporting documents.

This is what the visa officer said when issuing her visitor visa:

Have reviewed recent refusal. Declared. Purpose remains the same - to visit CC boyfriend. Architecture student - plans two-week visit during school break. Invitation letter on file from CC boyfriend's parents. CC boyfriend is a recent graduate. MP letter reviewed. Extensive submission of supporting docs from hosts' parent in Cda. Will issue short-term MEV to establish travel record. Future FC sponsorship likely.

What does FC sponsorship mean?

They also mentioned that they reviewed the letter we submitted from my local MP. Does that also play a positive role when they make a decision to issue a visitor visa?

Thank you

Reactions: UBC 2017

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
FC =family class sponsorship .

Maybe the VO has noted given the various supporting documents from your parents, MP that maybe the realationship is serious and eventually there may be a FC sponsorship if for example there is a marriage or common law is established. If either of the latter the VO at the time will likely look at previous history that supported visitor application in a positive light.

Thats my personal view anyway.

Reactions: Alexibra111

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
FC =family class sponsorship .

Maybe the VO has noted given the various supporting documents from your parents, MP that maybe the realationship is serious and eventually there may be a FC sponsorship if for example there is a marriage or common law is established. If either of the latter the VO at the time will likely look at previous history that supported visitor application in a positive light.

Thats my personal view anyway.

Thank you for your reply! Ya that makes sense!

Also, what did the VO mean by: "Will issue short-term MEV to establish travel record".
Does it mean it will be easier for my girlfriend to get a visitor visa if she applies in the future?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your reply! Ya that makes sense!

Also, what did the VO mean by: "Will issue short-term MEV to establish travel record".
Does it mean it will be easier for my girlfriend to get a visitor visa if she applies in the future?
"Will issue short-term multiple entry visa to establish travel record."

Well, it depends on what she does with this visa. If she goes back to Canada and stays for 6 months and applies for an extension, she will have a hard time on her next TRV application. But if she shows ties in her home country by staying there for several months before she goes back to Canada/applies for a new TRV, then maybe it will be easier the next time.

Reactions: UBC 2017

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
"Will issue short-term multiple entry visa to establish travel record."

Well, it depends on what she does with this visa. If she goes back to Canada and stays for 6 months and applies for an extension, she will have a hard time on her next TRV application. But if she shows ties in her home country by staying there for several months before she goes back to Canada/applies for a new TRV, then maybe it will be easier the next time.
Ok thanks makes sense! She return to her country from Canada last week. She just stayed for two weeks, because she has a short vacation from her University.