+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes Assessments

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi,

Hi, I'm in implied status and want to know what stage I'm at in my PR application so that my BOWP application will start the process (already submitted before work permits expired).

Can anyone give me pointers on what to look for in the notes to understand if the BOWP application has started or waiting for a stage in PR?

And from the GCMS Assesment section below should my BOWP be already be processing? What stage am In? I applied through a lawyer so to save cost talking to the person, I thought I can get some info here first :) Thanks.

Assessments:
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started.
HIRV: blank
Criminality: In progress.
Medical: Passed.
Misrepresentation: blank
Info sharing: In progress
Other reqs: blank
Final: blank

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

"have completed one of the following APR stages:
  • electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) completeness check; or -try searching for R10 in the GCMS notes
  • receipt of a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above"

R10 is usually during medicals passed, like 40 to 50 days after submitting the application online.

"Express Entry Determining if an e-APR has passed the completeness check
If a foreign national submits an APR using Express Entry, they may apply for a BOWP if they meet the eligibility requirements. However, a decision on the application is not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e-APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e-APR has passed the section R10 completeness check.
Before issuing a BOWP, officers must check the Global Case Management System (GCMS) to ensure that the CIO has reviewed the application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application, as described in sections R10 and R12.01. If the e-APR is incomplete, the application for a BOWP must be refused. The open work permit holder fee can be refunded, but the processing fees cannot.
Complete application: The CIO enters the following note in GCMS: “R10 OK.”
Incomplete application: The CIO cancels the e-APR and enter the following note in GCMS: “E-APR rejected as incomplete. Client not eligible for BOWP.”
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their “Acknowledgment of receipt – Application for permanent residence” letter with their open work permit application."

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

"have completed one of the following APR stages:
  • electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) completeness check; or -try searching for R10 in the GCMS notes
  • receipt of a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above"

R10 is usually during medicals passed, like 40 to 50 days after submitting the application online.

"Express Entry Determining if an e-APR has passed the completeness check
If a foreign national submits an APR using Express Entry, they may apply for a BOWP if they meet the eligibility requirements. However, a decision on the application is not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e-APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e-APR has passed the section R10 completeness check.
Before issuing a BOWP, officers must check the Global Case Management System (GCMS) to ensure that the CIO has reviewed the application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application, as described in sections R10 and R12.01. If the e-APR is incomplete, the application for a BOWP must be refused. The open work permit holder fee can be refunded, but the processing fees cannot.
Complete application: The CIO enters the following note in GCMS: “R10 OK.”
Incomplete application: The CIO cancels the e-APR and enter the following note in GCMS: “E-APR rejected as incomplete. Client not eligible for BOWP.”
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their “Acknowledgment of receipt – Application for permanent residence” letter with their open work permit application."
For a paper application, is the AOR with the application number the receipt of eligibility assessment (as they check if all the required documents are in the application package, if not they send it back to applicant)? Or the Pre-Arrival Letter indicates this assessment?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
For a paper application, is the AOR with the application number the receipt of eligibility assessment (as they check if all the required documents are in the application package, if not they send it back to applicant)? Or the Pre-Arrival Letter indicates this assessment?
I'm not familiar with paper based applications, if its different.