+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes answer

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your school also reports your attendance through the Compliance Portal - referenced in the notes - and the school has not confirmed you are a full-time student, again, because you deferred. You don't get a spousal OWP on a deferral.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
gcms notes not stating that what you said kindly refer to my gcms notes above in bold highlighted
Look at it this way. Imagine your spouse gets OWP and you drop out of college or never enter Canada. That OWP should be void. I would recommend you reapply for your spouse permit after you land in Canada or join course and have some proof that you are a full time student in Canada.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
The notes state that the officer does not believe that you are a full time student - the key is that you have to be "actively engaged in FT studies." As you have deferred, the visa officer has no proof you will actually ever become a student.

It's a simple refusal. Spousal OWPs for student permits are only issued about 50% of the time. You took a deferral, your spouse was rejected. Simple.
ok

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Your school also reports your attendance through the Compliance Portal - referenced in the notes - and the school has not confirmed you are a full-time student, again, because you deferred. You don't get a spousal OWP on a deferral.
so what do you suggest after looking my GCMS notes?

like i am still in india and will be continuing my online classes from here only. Therefore, should i reapply for my SOWP once after i starts my classes with enrolment letter from the college?

or i should i apply after landing in Canada?

because if i apply next month then i will receive result on my application somewhere in February 2020 because current processing time is 21 weeks and in february only 2 months would be left as my visa is valid till April 2021.

and if i apply after landing in Canada in December , lets say in January then i will receive result on my application around somewhere in May 2021

Please suggest something

amarinder28march

Mar 22, 2020

like i am still in india and will be continuing my online classes from here only. Therefore, should i reapply for my SOWP once after i starts my classes with enrolment letter from the college?

because if i apply next month then i will receive result on my application somewhere in February 2020 because current processing time is 21 weeks and in february only 2 months would be left as my visa is valid till April 2021.

and if i apply after landing in Canada in December , lets say in January then i will receive result on my application around somewhere in May 2021

Please suggest something
Hoping you hv enrolled in one year course.

Firstly after landing get your visa extension and don't start online classes from India.

Then apply for sowp.

If u hv 2year program u can complete 1 sem in india later on after landing get visa extension and apply for sowp.

or u can apply for sowp after completing studies and on pgwp.

Choice is yours.
Gud Luck.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hoping you hv enrolled in one year course.

Firstly after landing get your visa extension and don't start online classes from India.

Then apply for sowp.

If u hv 2year program u can complete 1 sem in india later on after landing get visa extension and apply for sowp.

or u can apply for sowp after completing studies and on pgwp.

Choice is yours.
Gud Luck.
why not to start classes from India?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

Please suggest something
You're not going to get an SOWP while
(a) you're not studying in Canada
(b) you're deferred

sulidin

Sep 10, 2019
It is possible to get SOWP while in your home country. Lots of people apply for SP+SOWP together and there are tons of examples with positive results. There are no restrictions about that and online application system clearly supports that kind of applications. I am not sure if there are special restrictions about your home country. Otherwise please stop giving false information.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
It is possible to get SOWP while in your home country. Lots of people apply for SP+SOWP together and there are tons of examples with positive results. There are no restrictions about that and online application system clearly supports that kind of applications. I am not sure if there are special restrictions about your home country. Otherwise please stop giving false information.
We are not applying together for SP+SOWP its like i already got SP and i am in home country only taking online classes.

now planning to apply SOWP separately so i am Confirming

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
My answer was specifically in his case. The notes indicate that the visa officer does not believe he's actually studying. So at this point in time, he's not going to get an SOWP without providing proof of being a student.

It's also highly unlikely that IRCC will issue an SOWP, in the case of someone who is not in Canada presently and cannot travel to Canada due to COVID restrictions.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
We are not applying together for SP+SOWP its like i already got SP and i am in home country only taking online classes.

now planning to apply SOWP separately so i am Confirming
If you are taking classes, why did you say that you took a deferral?

You did not provide any proof of studying in your application, which is what the visa officer says.

Based on experiences here, about 50% of SOWP applications are rejected.