+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey vs IRCC Portal

longt

Mar 12, 2020
Hi all,

My parents applied for a TRV on November 27/21 through the old GCKey portal. We didn't realize that there was a new IRCC portal. Is it okay for me to leave my GCKey application or do I need to reapply using the IRCC portal? Alternatively, can we apply again using the IRCC portal and have two applications at the same time?

For the GcKey application, the reason for the visit was because of my siblings graduation in Summer 2022. However, my sibling is not a citizen/PR. If we reapplied for my parents using the IRCC portal, their reason for visiting would be to visit me, a PR.

Anybody who has similar experience would be appreciated.

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
I also am wondering. What is the New portal? I thought portal was for PR applications.
I applied online by logging in with GC key...does this mean the application will be processed slower?

lydy

Oct 25, 2021
please I have been calling IRCC Client number-18882422100 but it keep saying they are closed, does anyone know any number through which they can be reached because by now I expected they must have resume office

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
please I have been calling IRCC Client number-18882422100 but it keep saying they are closed, does anyone know any number through which they can be reached because by now I expected they must have resume office
I cant even call because I am not in Canada, and Skype does not go through, its stupid.

lydy

Oct 25, 2021
Please, is anyone in the same shoe as mine,I reapplied through the new IRCC portal on November 5, 2022 last year for a visitor visa for my husband and kids. but prior to that time.I had applied through the GCE key since February 2021, but did not get any update, the application on the new portal is the second one, is anyone experiencing this, what next can I do, should I apply for a spousal work permit for my husband, I am an international student.

rustedmettle

Jan 22, 2022
Dubai
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Please, is anyone in the same shoe as mine,I reapplied through the new IRCC portal on November 5, 2022 last year for a visitor visa for my husband and kids. but prior to that time.I had applied through the GCE key since February 2021, but did not get any update, the application on the new portal is the second one, is anyone experiencing this, what next can I do, should I apply for a spousal work permit for my husband, I am an international student.
In the same boat, in fact I got a BVL a week after my withdrawal... and a month later a Withdrawal Letter instead of PPR. :(

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello All ,
I am a PR and i am applying a visitor visa for my spouse(outland) ,
Should i apply using GCkey or portal ? which would get me aa quicker decision or more reliable?

rustedmettle

Jan 22, 2022
Dubai
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello All ,
I am a PR and i am applying a visitor visa for my spouse(outland) ,
Should i apply using GCkey or portal ? which would get me aa quicker decision or more reliable?
Hi,
After wasting 1 year on the new portal, I was very sure I'll re-apply through GCKey. But I withdrew and reapplied against through the IRCC portal, it is more simplified. Hopefully quicker. But not vouch for either of them.

Regards,

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi,
After wasting 1 year on the new portal, I was very sure I'll re-apply through GCKey. But I withdrew and reapplied against through the IRCC portal, it is more simplified. Hopefully quicker. But not vouch for either of them.

Regards,
1 year really ? I am not sure if the IRCC portal is even 1 year old . I believe it was launched in Sept 2021.

• Haha
Reactions: august_leo

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
I applied on the 13th of Feb, 2021 and got my withdrawal approved on 14th Feb....2022... A year and day later.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/

Using this link... so no this portal is older than that.
Thanks for letting me know ,

Did you file a new application now ?
I just applied on March 4 and got biometrics letter on new portal , Hopefully they approve fast.

rustedmettle

Jan 22, 2022
Dubai
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi

I just applied on March 4 and got biometrics letter on new portal , Hopefully they approve fast.
Since my biometric was already done a year ago. It wasn't needed.

Jasdeep0609

Apr 27, 2016

Even I applied for my spouse Visitor Visa on March 04 and got the Biometric letter the next day on March 05. Since then there has been no update.
Is there any progress on your end?