+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GC key status changed. Plz help!

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
I'm sponsoring my spouse outland, application received in Oct 2019. Biometrics done in Jan. PR application moved to local visa office in Feb. Medicals requested on 22 Oct (last month) and application status in gckey changed to 'your action is required' following medical request. PA did medical within a week of cic's request however non-accompanying children did not do the medical as ex-spouse and custodian of the children refused. A letter of explanation was sent to cic three weeks ago along with a declaration surrendering PA's right to sponsor unexamined children in the future. Couple of days ago application status changed to 'submitted' without any changes to the inside fields, no letters no emails., nothing. It still shows the following:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. (this refers to a police certificate required back in Feb).
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: January 20, 2020 Completed.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any explanation why status changed to 'submitted' and what does it mean? It's been thirteen months and I'm slowly and steadily getting more and more depressed and frustrated. Thank you for giving any insight.

Last edited:

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
I'm sponsoring my spouse outland, application received in Oct 2019. Biometrics done in Jan. PR application moved to local visa office in Feb. Medicals requested on 22 Oct (last month) and application status in gckey changed to 'your action is required' following medical request. PA did medical within a week of cic's request however non-accompanying children did not do the medical as ex-spouse and custodian of the children refused. A letter of explanation was sent to cic three weeks ago along with a declaration surrendering PA's right to sponsor unexamined children in the future. Couple of days ago application status changed to 'submitted' without any changes to the inside fields, no letters no emails., nothing. It still shows the following:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. (this refers to a police certificate required back in Feb).
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: January 20, 2020 Completed.
Background: checkYour application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any explanation why status changed to 'submitted' and what does it mean? It's been thirteen months and I'm slowly and steadily getting more and more depressed and frustrated. Thank you for giving any insight.
This means they have accepted your declaration to exclude the non accompanying dependents from your file. Is your GCkey still showing dependents or they are removed. Once the dependents are removed you will receive a pre arrival letter or a decision made on you ecas status. Might take couple of months. It took me month and half to get decision made after the dependent was removed from the file. It will also depend on the Visa office processing timeline. Mines is New Delhi. Hang on you are very near to the finishing line...

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
Once they accept your declaration, your dependents will be removed from your GC key account. Did you receive declaration form from your visa office or you voluntarily send one. In my case an affidavit declaration form was sent by visa office to be signed and returned back to them. After submitting it took 2-3 weeks for the dependent to be removed, medical status changed to received and passed..

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
This means they have accepted your declaration to exclude the non accompanying dependents from your file. Is your GCkey still showing dependents or they are removed. Once the dependents are removed you will receive a pre arrival letter or a decision made on you ecas status. Might take couple of months. It took me month and half to get decision made after the dependent was removed from the file. It will also depend on the Visa office processing timeline. Mines is New Delhi. Hang on you are very near to the finishing line...
Thank you for giving me some hope. Declaration voluntarily sent by my spouse (PA). I really hope that the change of status from 'your action is required' to 'submitted' means that they accepted the declaration. But dependents are still showing in GC key.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
Thank you for giving me some hope. Declaration voluntarily sent by my spouse (PA). I really hope that the change of status from 'your action is required' to 'submitted' means that they accepted the declaration. But dependents are still showing in GC key.
Oh I didn’t knew it was send voluntarily. I am not sure what explanation and proofs you gave for not having dependents examined. It will all depend on the visa officer to accept it or not. You can only be assured of it’s acceptance only when the dependents are removed from the account.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Oh I didn’t knew it was send voluntarily. I am not sure what explanation and proofs you gave for not having dependents examined. It will all depend on the visa officer to accept it or not. You can only be assured of it’s acceptance only when the dependents are removed from the account.
PA sent copies of the messages he exchanged with the custodian mother showing her repetitive refusals as proof. There is no custody agreement or court order since it goes by operation of law in the PA's country that sole custody is given to the mother upon divorce. This was explained in the letter. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Wondering if the status change is a good sign!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
PA sent copies of the messages he exchanged with the custodian mother showing her repetitive refusals as proof. There is no custody agreement or court order since it goes by operation of law in the PA's country that sole custody is given to the mother upon divorce. This was explained in the letter. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
I think you can send letter of explanation which include that you want to remove dependent from your application and you don’t want to sponsor them future. Also write why you wana remove them and include as much as proof and send through webform. Sign the letter in end.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
I think you can send letter of explanation which include that you want to remove dependent from your application and you don’t want to sponsor them future. Also write why you wana remove them and include as much as proof and send through webform. Sign the letter in end.
A voluntary letter of explanation along with proof of custodian refusal and declaration surrendering the right of sponsoring the children in the future was sent by the PA both to the visa office and through web form. It did not specifically ask to remove the children from the application though but stated PA's understanding that future sponsorship would not be possible.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
A voluntary letter of explanation along with proof of custodian refusal and declaration surrendering the right of sponsoring the children in the future was sent by the PA both to the visa office and through web form. It did not specifically ask to remove the children from the application though but stated PA's understanding that future sponsorship would not be possible.
There is less chance that that would be enough proof to be accepted. This could lead to refusal of application. Also he can’t sponsor children in future.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
PA sent copies of the messages he exchanged with the custodian mother showing her repetitive refusals as proof. There is no custody agreement or court order since it goes by operation of law in the PA's country that sole custody is given to the mother upon divorce. This was explained in the letter. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Wondering if the status change is a good sign!
As I said earlier it all depends on the visa officer, but they are very strict in this regard. They would want you to exhaust all the available options for the dependents to be examined. They will definitely ask for a custody document issued from a court or a legal separation agreement that has mutual approval from both parties that one of them will have a sole custody. Just saying that the mother has default custody might not work. They would want to see some documentation that will hold legally. Sorry to say you might be for a long run on this, I hope that’s not the case. Meanwhile I would suggest you to have your PA make arrangements for legal custody papers, signed by both parties and a lawyer or any one who has a signing authority.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
As I said earlier it all depends on the visa officer, but they are very strict in this regard. They would want you to exhaust all the available options for the dependents to be examined. They will definitely ask for a custody document issued from a court or a legal separation agreement that has mutual approval from both parties that one of them will have a sole custody. Just saying that the mother has default custody might not work. They would want to see some documentation that will hold legally. Sorry to say you might be for a long run on this, I hope that’s not the case. Meanwhile I would suggest you to have your PA make arrangements for legal custody papers, signed by both parties and a lawyer or any one who has a signing authority.
It's not just saying that the mother has default custody. The law is clear in the PA's country with regards to custody. It goes to the mother then to the maternal grandmother, then to other female family members (aunt, etc). The father is number 14 in line. Anyway, I hope that they don't ask for a custody document otherwise we will have to provide them with a copy of the law. Still wondering if the status change from "your action is required" to 'submitted' indicates anything good or bad.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
It's not just saying that the mother has default custody. The law is clear in the PA's country with regards to custody. It goes to the mother then to the maternal grandmother, then to other female family members (aunt, etc). The father is number 14 in line. Anyway, I hope that they don't ask for a custody document otherwise we will have to provide them with a copy of the law. Still wondering if the status change from "your action is required" to 'submitted' indicates anything good or bad.
You can’t make a lot of that status change. It keeps on changing whenever something is required from you and when you submit something. As you recently submitted some documents it is showing submitted. Once you receive any additional request from them it will go back to your action is required. I recently got passport request and still my gckey status say action is required. So we can’t say it’s good or bad sign.

Reactions: *nn*