+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GBC versus Brock

holdon007

Jun 27, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply to GBC [George Brown College] for certificate programs :Business Analytics [http://www.georgebrown.ca/B412-2014-2015/] :8 months course.This will get me 1 year of work permit.
Currently I have an offer from Brock university for MBA-ISP: 2 years of course and 3 years of work permit.
I have few queries:
1)Will the 1 year o work permit will help me in getting PR?
2) Is the certificate programs are eligible matrix for PR?
3)Which one is better option : Brock or GBC?
4)My profile is : B.E. with 6.5 years of exp in IT industry. So after doing this certificate program, what are the chances to get the job in 1 year of time?
5)Suppose, if I get a job, then what about after 1 year? Do I need to leave Canada and come back.

Kindly help me with the above queries. It will help me to choose the right option.

So out of these 2: which one is good. I need to decide by May 20th. so kindly help me ASAP

Thanks..:)

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one is giving reply because you are asking about Pr which no one can tell you. Its called over judgement

Choose what is right for you

holdon007

Jun 27, 2014
Hey mate..

After studying and investing so much, nobody prefers to come back.
I just put it to have a clarity, m not asking a guaranteed PR, so asking a probability of getting it if I am going for GBC since its a 8 months course

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are doing a very wrong comparison. That is why no replies. You can never compare a diploma with a Masters or a university and college! Decide on this first.

That said, university will obviously be a better choice, not just the 2yr PGWP but also in the express entry system. University masters can increase you chances and points in Express Entry. It will also have global recognition, if you are talking jobs in top companies, if your aim is survival jobs or not so good salary packages, diploma will help you. With masters you'll have tough competition in jobs, but you'll get good jobs considering you have some work exp. Though canada will not consider you work exp, if you perform well in the interviews they would obviously offer you a job cause wou already have some domain expertise. With masters and a permanent job i don't see any major obstacles in PR.

For your info, canada has now changed the PR policy and everyone needs to come through the Express Entry points system.

ash95

Dec 12, 2017
Hey mate..

After studying and investing so much, nobody prefers to come back.
I just put it to have a clarity, m not asking a guaranteed PR, so asking a probability of getting it if I am going for GBC since its a 8 months course
hi

I am seeing this thread after a long time. Have u joined the course.