+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gave wrong email under contact detail. Never recieved PPR

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
Hi, friends,
I had been waiting for ppr for 2 weeks because my decision was made and today I just logged in to my cic account to check which email I gave when I created my profile. I just checked and I saw that there was a mistake in my email ID. I entered wrong email and never realized. What should I do now?

drpilot

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Find a way to call them. Send an email and a CSE tonight.
They might not even know it didnt go through due to the volume of emails and applications they are dealing with. And the letter starts counting for the 30 days for your passport to be received from the day it was issued.
You have to be proactive.
Have you been receiving emails for ghost mails before?
See if you can reach them through ECAS through that place where they ask if you want to change you address also.
GL

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
cic.gc.ca said:
Hi, friends,
I had been waiting for ppr for 2 weeks because my decision was made and today I just logged in to my cic account to check which email I gave when I created my profile. I just checked and I saw that there was a mistake in my email ID. I entered wrong email and never realized. What should I do now?
R u sure..but how did you received the ITA ??wasnt the same email address??or u put wrong later after ita???cse is the only option as i can see..

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
ITA was notified by My cic notification where it says " Complete the following information so we can send you an email if there is an update to your application or message in your MyCIC account." here email ID is correct. Due to this, I have recieved email notification when my status got updated. Its the different email ID. I gave another email ID when I was filing online form for PR application under contact details where it says" Provide an email address below where correspondence can be sent. Correspondence will be sent to your MyCIC account. However, we may need to send correspondence by email. Indicating an email address will authorize correspondence, including file and personal information, to be sent to this email address, when needed.
Its stupidest mistake I have ever made, dont know what to do.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
cic.gc.ca said:
ITA was notified by My cic notification where it says " Complete the following information so we can send you an email if there is an update to your application or message in your MyCIC account." here email ID is correct. Due to this, I have recieved email notification when my status got updated. Its the different email ID. I gave another email ID when I was filing online form for PR application under contact details where it says" Provide an email address below where correspondence can be sent. Correspondence will be sent to your MyCIC account. However, we may need to send correspondence by email. Indicating an email address will authorize correspondence, including file and personal information, to be sent to this email address, when needed.
Don't panic. Try and call them asap. From what I've read on the threads here there is a call center where you can speak to an agent.

Also send an email and raise a CSE immediately.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic.gc.ca said:
This is the number for the call centre:

1 888 242 2100

They should be open now. It can be a wait of up to half an hour or more but they will tell you what to do in this situation.

chipmunk222

Oct 9, 2015
AM198 said:
This is the number for the call centre:

1 888 242 2100

They should be open now. It can be a wait of up to half an hour or more but they will tell you what to do in this situation.
also if they wont put you through to an agent via express entry (which you reach an agent by pressing 7 for EE option, and after all options are said you press 0 to connect to agent), then try to press for option 'status of my application (I believe it was option '1' or so) and get to an agent by pressing '*' (star) . if this doesnt work, the email with PPR is coming from this address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca if you're emailing, make sure you give your client indentification number (UCI) and EE application number. good luck!

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
I have been trying this number for an hour. It keeps on saying that we are unable to transfer your call to agent due to high volume of calls.. Its my day off so I am gonna keep trying.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic.gc.ca said:
I have been trying this number for an hour. It keeps on saying that we are unable to transfer your call to agent due to high volume of calls.. Its my day off so I am gonna keep trying.
Yeah keep trying. It usually works before about 3:30PM. Try the other options for a work permit or visa - I think all the calls go to the same group of agents and I've found they are all able to answer questions about different issues. You should send a CSE at the same time - they've gotten back to me within two days on a few occasions.

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Immigration rep helped me to processed my LMIA and when I applied EE I didnt took help from rep and submitted by myself.

Guess what CIC sent my PPR to Rep email address instead of my personal email. I waited 22 days after DM.

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
Hello cic.gc.ca,

I had a similar situation to yours, where I thought I missed my PPR e-mail and e-mailed CPC-Ottawa directly and they responded the next day to assure me that it was not sent at time. Maybe you can send an e-mail (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and give them your new email address.

See Below

Dear Officer,

UCI - XXXXXXX Application# XXXXXXXXX

I applied for Express Entry CEC on XXXX XX, 2015. However, since XXXXX XXX, 2015 my ECAS Status shows "Decision Made". This was XX days ago. I have not seen any new message in my e-mail or MyCIC account

Therefore, I am trying to ascertain if any message was sent to me pertaining the decision since ECAS status changed to "Decision Made" that I may have missed. If there is no message, I am willing to continue waiting. If there is any however, I will like to get an update so I can chart my next step(s).

Thank you for your understanding and kind consideration.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXXX- CEC Applicant

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
Drenalin04 said:
Hello cic.gc.ca,

I had a similar situation to yours, where I thought I missed my PPR e-mail and e-mailed CPC-Ottawa directly and they responded the next day to assure me that it was not sent at time. Maybe you can send an e-mail (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and give them your new email address.

See Below

Dear Officer,

UCI - XXXXXXX Application# XXXXXXXXX

I applied for Express Entry CEC on XXXX XX, 2015. However, since XXXXX XXX, 2015 my ECAS Status shows "Decision Made". This was XX days ago. I have not seen any new message in my e-mail or MyCIC account

Therefore, I am trying to ascertain if any message was sent to me pertaining the decision since ECAS status changed to "Decision Made" that I may have missed. If there is no message, I am willing to continue waiting. If there is any however, I will like to get an update so I can chart my next step(s).

Thank you for your understanding and kind consideration.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXXX- CEC Applicant

First of all, thank you very much for valuable information.
I just talked to two agents. one of them refused to help because I applied under express entry. I requested to the second agent to update my email address because I made an email error on my application detail. She said go to your local MP like you guys always do. I dont know what does that mean. She told me to email cic but didnt give any email address.

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
I was on the phone with third agent. She said that they didnt send me email. They send the letter by mail.