+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gaps in address proof. No address

saumil22

Oct 13, 2016
Hello folks, I have changed hell lot of places in past 5 years. For a period of 3 months in 2018 I lived at an address, I have no recollection of where I stayed and I dont remember the address at all. What should I do.

Please advise. Thanks

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hello folks, I have changed hell lot of places in past 5 years. For a period of 3 months in 2018 I lived at an address, I have no recollection of where I stayed and I dont remember the address at all. What should I do.

Please advise. Thanks
Are there any friends you could ask?
Could you ask the HR of your employer during that period?
If you changed your driver's license, can you check your records with the provincial govt?
How about online purchases during the period? Those would show where the parcel was delivered to.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Please advise. Thanks
Obviously best to find out the address. If you truly don't remember, put the address to best of your recollection and add a short letter of explanation that you don't remember the exact address. (Obviously it would make far more sense if you had some recollection of the circumstances - like were you staying with friends or ...?)

Note, despite the title of this thread, for the most part IRCC won't ask for 'proof' of addresses in the past - they might but don't get stressed about 'proof' unless they have specifically asked for it.