+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gap years

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I wanted to ask does it matter to have gap years?

After my A'Levels I had 1 year gap for my undergrad.

I graduated with my bachelors degree on Jun'2021, and since then I'm working in my own startup - technically since my graduation I'm self-employed.

Is working in my startup counted as gap year? If yes, will it have any bad impact on my visa application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I wanted to ask does it matter to have gap years?

After my A'Levels I had 1 year gap for my undergrad.

I graduated with my bachelors degree on Jun'2021, and since then I'm working in my own startup - technically since my graduation I'm self-employed.

Is working in my startup counted as gap year? If yes, will it have any bad impact on my visa application.
Visa, for what?

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So. Many people take a gap year and travel.
So, I should explicitly state that I worked in my own-startup (which was an e-commerce store)?

Also how to go about "why I want to do masters?". Considering if I state that I've my own start-up, so who will look after that start-up if I go for masters?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, I should explicitly state that I worked in my own-startup (which was an e-commerce store)?

Also how to go about "why I want to do masters?". Considering if I state that I've my own start-up, so who will look after that start-up if I go for masters?
Of course, you say that you worked on your own start-up. What school? Is it a public DLI and not a private DLI like Canada West? You need to show how it will build your business.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course, you say that you worked on your own start-up. What school? Is it a public DLI and not a private DLI like Canada West? You need to show how it will build your business.
Im planning to go for Business Analytics course from Concordia, which I believe is a public DLI.

Reactions: Naturgrl