+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gaining experience

fbmiranda7

Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

I always have a doubt regarding gaining experience in Canada, by that I mean how do you people got a job offer, or how did you found a opportunity to work in Canada?

I would like you to state your experience since the beginning.

My objective is to find a opportunity to work there and then later proceed with a immigration application.

Thanks!

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
fbmiranda7 said:
Hi all,

I always have a doubt regarding gaining experience in Canada, by that I mean how do you people got a job offer, or how did you found a opportunity to work in Canada?

I would like you to state your experience since the beginning.

My objective is to find a opportunity to work there and then later proceed with a immigration application.

Thanks!
There are a few websites which you an browse for jobs related to your domain. Like workopolis.com or indeed.ca
there are many more.
The only way you can probably work there without a PR is if your present company files a Work permit for you under ICT, or LMO or if you can find yourself a job opening (by searchign on job sites) and clear the interview and then your employer is willijng to file an LMO for you.
This is what my limited knowledge can tell you right now.. I am sure you can get further info on this forum.

But generally this forum is only for ppl who are applying for an immigration application for Permanent residency. Since you are looking to land in canada for a work permit without PR, iam not sure if this is the right forum for you

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Try posting here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-in-canada-b21.0/

fbmiranda7

Jan 12, 2015
Thanks guys, but I would like that you that already have worked on Canada to tell me a history of how it happened to you, how YOU acquired a job and went to Canada to work.

caba4blue

Apr 29, 2013
fbmiranda7 said:
Thanks guys, but I would like that you that already have worked on Canada to tell me a history of how it happened to you, how YOU acquired a job and went to Canada to work.
It is very hard, you have to find a company that will complete and LMO for you, this is to prove that they could not fill the position with a Canadian and that they can only fill the post by employing a foreign worker.
I was working for a sister company in the UK, the canadian company were going through major changes and needed my skill set which they could not find in Canada. They completed an LMO (which took 6 months) this then allows you to work in Canada but you are only given a temporary SIN number which matches the length of your Work Permit (about 1 to 3 years) In that time you will then start the Perm Res process - you now need to first apply to be picked. You complete your application and send it to immigration, if you get selected (this is dependant on Education, job, status etc etc) then you send in all the other information required. There is no guarantee you will be selected to apply and the whole process can take over 12 months before you get PR. They will want to know everything about you, you must not have a criminal record and you need to be in good health.
The process is a long and hard one and one where you need to wait for many months at a time without hearing any news.
If you want to do it you have get a job offer first!