+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gaining entry into Canada. (reupload)

Nov 23, 2016
I'm a US citizen wanting to go to Canada. 3 years ago I was arrested, but I was never convicted. The charge was also later dismissed and expunged. Is it possible that I'll still get into Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a US citizen wanting to go to Canada. 3 years ago I was arrested, but I was never convicted. The charge was also later dismissed and expunged. Is it possible that I'll still get into Canada?
Generally you're OK if the charges were expunged. But impossible to say for certain without details. Best option is to pay for a consult with an immigration lawyer to be certain. Assuming you're OK to enter Canada (i.e. not inadmissible), you'll still need to answer yes to the question about whether you've ever been arrested if applying for anything like a work permit, study permit, or PR.

Nov 23, 2016
Generally you're OK if the charges were expunged. But impossible to say for certain without details. Best option is to pay for a consult with an immigration lawyer to be certain. Assuming you're OK to enter Canada (i.e. not inadmissible), you'll still need to answer yes to the question about whether you've ever been arrested if applying for anything like a work permit, study permit, or PR.
Not to sound rude or anything, but at this point since I've gotten multiple answers telling me something different. So to say the least I'm not convinced and still have my doubts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not to sound rude or anything, but at this point since I've gotten multiple answers telling me something different. So to say the least I'm not convinced and still have my doubts.
As I said, you need to hire an immigration lawyer.

You've provided very high level / vague information. I understand why you don't want to share this info on a public forum. However hard to provide a response based on vague info. That's one of the reasons you're getting multiple answers.

Also none of us here are immigratin lawyers - we are normal people like you. So you shouldn't be expecting legal advice here.

Again, you need to hire a lawyer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If in doubt consult an immigration lawyer as opposed to a public forum
As I said, you need to hire an immigration lawyer.

You've provided very high level / vague information. I understand why you don't want to share this info on a public forum. However hard to provide a response based on vague info. That's one of the reasons you're getting multiple answers.

Also none of us here are immigratin lawyers - we are normal people like you. So you shouldn't be expecting legal advice here.

Again, you need to hire a lawyer.
Be aware this person has posted several times saying the exact same thing and not liking anyone's answers. He didn't like my answers and sent me an abusive PM that got his last username kicked off the forum.

Nov 23, 2016
Be aware this person has posted several times saying the exact same thing and not liking anyone's answers. He didn't like my answers and sent me an abusive PM that got his last username kicked off the forum.
Don't see why you think you have the need to post this. I already talk to someone about this matter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Don't see why you think you have the need to post this. I already talk to someone about this matter.
I want others to be aware that if you don't like their answers, you will send them abusive PMs. Perhaps you should have considered that actions have consequences before sending me an abusive post.