+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

G5 Application refusal due to Trust Account movement

bayadm

Oct 29, 2018
Yes - the same sponsors can sponsor you again. The above simply means that your sponsors didn't meet the requirements to be sponsors. Since you didn't have valid sponsors, your application was refused.

Thank you Scylla,

Another thing if you don’t mind, I'm reviewing the requirements and noted the following:

"4. Proof of refugee status recognition:

You can only sponsor someone who is recognized as a refugee by the UNHCR or by the government authorities of the country in which they currently live (whichever is authorized to do so)."

When I applied back in 2016 we were not asked to provide such documents, will this apply know?
I’m originally Syrian living in Yemen and I’m applying from Yemen, can I apply again without this refugee status?

I found also this option, dose it apply to me?

"The PSR program is strictly for sponsoring refugees and persons in refugee-like situations. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, persons who may qualify as refugees for Canada’s refugee and humanitarian resettlement program are grouped into 2 categories, or “classes”: Convention Refugees Abroad and Country of Asylum.

Convention refugee: Any person who by reason of a well-founded fear of persecution because of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion:

• is outside each of their countries of nationality and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to avail themselves of the protection of each of those countries, or
  • does not have a country of nationality and is outside the country of their former habitual residence and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to return to that country; and
  • is outside Canada
  • is seeking resettlement in Canada
  • and does not have a prospect of another durable solution, within a reasonable period of time, that is:
    • cannot return to their country of nationality or habitual residence
    • cannot integrate in the country of refuge or the country of first asylum; and
    • does not have another offer of resettlement from a country other than Canada."
Thank you for your support, truly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla,

Another thing if you don’t mind, I'm reviewing the requirements and noted the following:

"4. Proof of refugee status recognition:

You can only sponsor someone who is recognized as a refugee by the UNHCR or by the government authorities of the country in which they currently live (whichever is authorized to do so)."

When I applied back in 2016 we were not asked to provide such documents, will this apply know?
I’m originally Syrian living in Yemen and I’m applying from Yemen, can I apply again without this refugee status?
You'll be submitting a brand new application. You will need to meet the "proof of refugee status recognition" before you can reapply. No - the rules from 2016 no longer apply.

bayadm

Oct 29, 2018
You'll be submitting a brand new application. You will need to meet the "proof of refugee status recognition" before you can reapply. No - the rules from 2016 no longer apply.
What about Convention refugee option? am I eligible under this option?

Amuun

Jun 17, 2019
have assessed your application against the requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Section R154(1)(a) of IRPR states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

(a) the sponsor has the financial resources to fulfil the settlement plan for the duration of the undertaking, unless subsection 157(1) applies.

Your sponsorship group is applying to sponsor a family of 1, for which the total annual settlement cost required is $16,500. Based on the financial information provided and considering the in-kind deductions of $8,963, your sponsorship group is lacking $7,537.

I reached this conclusion through the following calculations: I have not considered the $8,500 in funds held in trust towards the costs of the sponsorship, as necessary information and documents were not provided, as per the requirements of the Guide for Groups of Five to privately sponsor refugees (IMM 2200). 1) When a group is contributing via funds held in trust, they are required to provide an explanation as to how the funds were obtained. However, no explanation was provided. 2) 2. The group has not provided the most recent account statements signed and stamped by the financial institution.

Please be advised that due to restrictions imposed by the Privacy Act, we are unable to identify which individual(s) submitted unsatisfactory evidence to meet the group’s financial requirements.

Therefore, based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has the financial resources to fulfill the Settlement Plan for the duration of the undertaking.

Based on the reasons provided above, I am not satisfied that the sponsors meet the

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I really sad .. can you please help me what to do?
Unfortunately your sponsors did not provide the documents required to show that they have the funds needed to support your settlement in Canada. As explained in the refusal letter, your sponsors did not provide evidence to explain the source of these funds and also did not provide the most recent bank statement stamped by the financial institution. If your sponsors are willing to provide this information, I suppose they can contact IRCC, provide the required document and ask for the application to be reopened. I don't know if IRCC will consider this request.

Xabi10

Jan 15, 2021
I am in a similar situation. I have submitted my applications, received a G-number and UCI, my sponsors got approved and the application is now sent to a visa office abroad. However, one or two weeks after submitting the application, and before getting my G-number and UCI, the other joint holder touched the money. I put the money back as soon as I noticed, however, I am still worried. Will it still cause me a problem?

Smoothini Geelle

Feb 15, 2021
have assessed your application against the requirements specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Section R154(1)(a) of IRPR states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

(a) the sponsor has the financial resources to fulfil the settlement plan for the duration of the undertaking, unless subsection 157(1) applies.

Your sponsorship group is applying to sponsor a family of 1, for which the total annual settlement cost required is $16,500. Based on the financial information provided and considering the in-kind deductions of $8,963, your sponsorship group is lacking $7,537.

I reached this conclusion through the following calculations: I have not considered the $8,500 in funds held in trust towards the costs of the sponsorship, as necessary information and documents were not provided, as per the requirements of the Guide for Groups of Five to privately sponsor refugees (IMM 2200). 1) When a group is contributing via funds held in trust, they are required to provide an explanation as to how the funds were obtained. However, no explanation was provided. 2) 2. The group has not provided the most recent account statements signed and stamped by the financial institution.

Please be advised that due to restrictions imposed by the Privacy Act, we are unable to identify which individual(s) submitted unsatisfactory evidence to meet the group’s financial requirements.

Therefore, based on the information provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsorship group has the financial resources to fulfill the Settlement Plan for the duration of the undertaking.

Based on the reasons provided above, I am not satisfied that the sponsors meet the
Hi Amuun.... Exactly I have thus too... I'm G5 but I corrected and submitted new one again.... so, where are you applying from... Is there a new update these days ?