Yes - the same sponsors can sponsor you again. The above simply means that your sponsors didn't meet the requirements to be sponsors. Since you didn't have valid sponsors, your application was refused.
Thank you Scylla,
Another thing if you don’t mind, I'm reviewing the requirements and noted the following:
"4. Proof of refugee status recognition:
You can only sponsor someone who is recognized as a refugee by the UNHCR or by the government authorities of the country in which they currently live (whichever is authorized to do so)."
When I applied back in 2016 we were not asked to provide such documents, will this apply know?
I’m originally Syrian living in Yemen and I’m applying from Yemen, can I apply again without this refugee status?
I found also this option, dose it apply to me?
"The PSR program is strictly for sponsoring refugees and persons in refugee-like situations. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, persons who may qualify as refugees for Canada’s refugee and humanitarian resettlement program are grouped into 2 categories, or “classes”: Convention Refugees Abroad and Country of Asylum.
Convention refugee: Any person who by reason of a well-founded fear of persecution because of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion:
- is outside each of their countries of nationality and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to avail themselves of the protection of each of those countries, or
- does not have a country of nationality and is outside the country of their former habitual residence and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to return to that country; and
- is outside Canada
- is seeking resettlement in Canada
- and does not have a prospect of another durable solution, within a reasonable period of time, that is:
- cannot return to their country of nationality or habitual residence
- cannot integrate in the country of refuge or the country of first asylum; and
- does not have another offer of resettlement from a country other than Canada."