+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

G Driving License

b4urussel

Dec 5, 2016
Hi All,

This question is mainly targeted to Indians, but if others know the answer please do help :)

I am still in my home country Hyderabad, India and plan to move in the month of March 2020 to Toronto. I seen videos of people stating that if we provide our Driving License extract and our Driving license we can apply for G level straight away. Now, I read somewhere that Canadian authorities are looking for the Driving License(DL) which has the chip in it(Smart card) unfortunately I own the older version of the DL (Plastic card) and its validity is till 2028. I asked the authorities in my city(Hyderabad) to give me the new chip card but they said to wait till the older cards expires.

Also I received my DL extract last week.

Question : Do I really need the new smart card DL to get the Driving license quickly or the older one will suffice.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi All,

This question is mainly targeted to Indians, but if others know the answer please do help :)

I am still in my home country Hyderabad, India and plan to move in the month of March 2020 to Toronto. I seen videos of people stating that if we provide our Driving License extract and our Driving license we can apply for G level straight away. Now, I read somewhere that Canadian authorities are looking for the Driving License(DL) which has the chip in it(Smart card) unfortunately I own the older version of the DL (Plastic card) and its validity is till 2028. I asked the authorities in my city(Hyderabad) to give me the new chip card but they said to wait till the older cards expires.

Question : Do I really need the new smart card DL to get the Driving license quickly or the older one will suffice.
Mostly the ask for CHIP wala licence.

Reactions: b4urussel

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
You have to go through the whole process even though you have an extract.
I exchanged my US licence which was less than 1 year and I got G2 licence without any submitting any extracts which is valid for like 5 years and they said i can take a highway test whenever I can so that I can obtain a G licence.

No with whatever experience you have, It wont be possible to directly go for a G test.

Reactions: b4urussel

b4urussel

Dec 5, 2016
Thanks @navinball @ersandee @pavan23 for your response.
No Clue how to apply for the new Chip card.. Does the International driving license help in any way in this matter, I can show my old DL and international DL?

Last edited:

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi All,

No you don't need the smart chip card

Read experience here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dl-extract-to-on-g-license-complete-experience.643599/page-2