+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future visits after extending my visitor status

kingmingrey

Jul 31, 2018
USA citizen here. I was approved for a 6 month visitor extension and will be leaving in June when required to do so. My question is will there be any issues re-entering this year? After staying for a full year will there be an issue at the border?

Thank you for any answers you can provide, this forum has been so helpful for me

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
USA citizen here. I was approved for a 6 month visitor extension and will be leaving in June when required to do so. My question is will there be any issues re-entering this year? After staying for a full year will there be an issue at the border?

Thank you for any answers you can provide, this forum has been so helpful for me
No one here can tell you for certain. It would depend on the officer whom you meet at the POE.

You might be allowed back into Canada for another 6 months.... or your stay could be limited.... or you might be denied entry.... if it seems like you're returning too soon without valid reasons.

You would want to bring adequate evidence of your ties and finances to the US + a return ticket might help too

Reactions: kingmingrey