+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future oath - do I get to chose if it’s in person or on line/zoom?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I don’t even have my AOR yet still I’m wondering, doi get to chose the type of oath ceremony I want?

seriously, I WANT the in person ceremony. A friend who is eligible to apply for a decade, wants it as well. We’re old school and traditional. Speed isn’t everything. We want friends and family there.

Those of you who have gotten yours scheduled, did you get to chose what type of ceremony you wanted?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
If you are scheduled for an online ceremony, you can request to be put on the waitlist for an in-person ceremony. I didn't get to choose but I didn't mind either way. You can even make the request upfront too if you'd want. There may be some delays though if the city you are in doesn't have openings for in-person ceremonies.

Reactions: pd1234

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
No, IRCC does not let you choose the type of oath ceremony, and rather assigns it (not sure based on what). Some people get invited to in-person ceremonies so you might get lucky.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
After waiting so long.. I would take any offer that comes first.. IRCC also trying a pilot to send an e-certificate of citizenship too. Having massive backlogs of applications it is not worth to delay the process on our own when they offer their best availability to complete.. (My personal opinion) I will take what ever comes first.. I would cancel my travel, take off from work or do anything to match their schedule..

pd1234

Dec 4, 2017
Same sentiments, OP. I’m glad you posted because I was wondering also.

If you are scheduled for an online ceremony, you can request to be put on the waitlist for an in-person ceremony. I didn't get to choose but I didn't mind either way. You can even make the request upfront too if you'd want. There may be some delays though if the city you are in doesn't have openings for in-person ceremonies.
This is good information, thanks. How do you request it up front? Via webform?