+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future Guidelines are required.....Plz help

CanDude76

Feb 2, 2016
My Dear Expert Fellows,
Please Guide Me......
I was a refugee claimant here. By the grace of Almighty Allah I have received a positive response from Immigration and Refugee Board and they accepted me as a “Convention Refugee” in January 2016.
My home country is a Pakistan and my family is in back home.
My first question is that now onward what are the things / procedures I have to follow for becoming Permanent Resident.
What procedures I have to follow to get the legal Job, social insurance number or work permit. How I can apply for health card and bank account.
The most important question how long it will take to reach my family from Pakistan to Canada and what are the procedures I have to follow for a family reunion.
I was not allowed to work before this decision so it's very difficult to pay for any legal assistance so I need that information too.
Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Kind regards,

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Did you hire a lawyer... canu guide me as well

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
CanDude76 said:
My Dear Expert Fellows,
Please Guide Me......
I was a refugee claimant here. By the grace of Almighty Allah I have received a positive response from Immigration and Refugee Board and they accepted me as a “Convention Refugee” in January 2016.
My home country is a Pakistan and my family is in back home.
My first question is that now onward what are the things / procedures I have to follow for becoming Permanent Resident.
What procedures I have to follow to get the legal Job, social insurance number or work permit. How I can apply for health card and bank account.
The most important question how long it will take to reach my family from Pakistan to Canada and what are the procedures I have to follow for a family reunion.
I was not allowed to work before this decision so it's very difficult to pay for any legal assistance so I need that information too.
Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Kind regards,
As you now have a refugee status in canada so this should/can be your next step:-

1) you could apply for a work permit even before your case hearing/approval, anyways you can do it now by applying your work permit online and it is free of cost.

2)you can gather all your and your family's(dependents living abroad) documents and apply for your PR status. when you apply for your PR status choose/mention your dependents as "accompany family members" and also pay their processing fee. thats all that you have todo and your family will also be processed for PR along with your own PR application.

3) once you get your open work permit, apply for your SIN number... and you are good to work anywhere.

4) health card : for health card requirement it depends in the province you are living, you shouldn't face any problem in getting your heath card.