+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FURTHERANCE LETTER FOR ADDITIONAL MEDICAL TEST

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Is there a way to save time on this? Because I applied for a work permit not sure if my employer will wait that long. What are chances of clearing the test?
Please did you receive the mail for furtherance test from London regional medical office too?

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
I am in a similar situation, Have you passed the medical test? and how many months did it take?
Also, is the mail for furtherance test sent from the visa office handling once file ?
Yeah I cleared medical.
Yes I received furtherance letter from Indian Canada immigration.

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Is there a way to save time on this? Because I applied for a work permit not sure if my employer will wait that long. What are chances of clearing the test?
There is no way to save time. Because if u get furtherance letter, what they ask is to do a sputum test as soon as possible and that result takes about 8 weeks. And an xray to be taken after 3 months from the date of your first medical.
Total it takes 3 months time.

Clearing the test is ur luck, because usually TB actually create a mark on your lungs. So when u take xray that mark still persists. So if ur lungs weren’t affected much then u might have chances if clearing which am sure. All u can do is just pray and hope for best. Good luck.

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Nothing to worry about, just need to wait for few more months. I got my COPR and I went through TB and sputum tests.

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
There is no way to save time. Because if u get furtherance letter, what they ask is to do a sputum test as soon as possible and that result takes about 8 weeks. And an xray to be taken after 3 months from the date of your first medical.

Clearing the test is ur luck, because usually TB actually create a mark on your lungs. So when u take xray that mark still persists. So if ur lungs weren’t affected much then u might have chances if clearing which am sure. All u can do is just pray and hope for best. Good luck.
The above message on which i said clearing the test is ur luck means, when u go for medical for first time clearing it if u had tb in the past would be ur luck. After getting furtherance letter, its takes 3 months time, thats it. If u are cured, nothing to worry.

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
The above message on which i said clearing the test is ur luck means, when u go for medical for first time clearing it if u had tb in the past would be ur luck. After getting furtherance letter, its takes 3 months time, thats it. If u are cured, nothing to worry.
Is there any way to expedite the process? I have currently applied for a work permit and I may lose the job if it's delayed.

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Is there any way to expedite the process? I have currently applied for a work permit and I may lose the job if it's delayed.
I’m not sure if there’s any way u can expedite second medical because your sputum tests anyway takes 8 weeks to give result and normally the Canada immigration asks for an xray on second medical which is to be taken 3 months later, so that they can make sure no difference in your new and old xrays. This is what normally happens.

Maybe you should talk to canada immigration depart about this, if they can make things faster. As far i know, it would be difficult to expedite.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Question - I needed to get a cardiologist report. He did an EKG in office (that was normal), but in order to further investigate the heart murmur, I need to do an Echocardiogram in a Hospital setting. The earliest appointment I could get was end of August with a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist the week after. I asked to be put on a waiting list incase there's a cancellation. Do I need to inform anyone about the wait time? Do I need to contact CIC? Or just give my panel physician a head's up that the testing is taking longer than expected?

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Question - I needed to get a cardiologist report. He did an EKG in office (that was normal), but in order to further investigate the heart murmur, I need to do an Echocardiogram in a Hospital setting. The earliest appointment I could get was end of August with a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist the week after. I asked to be put on a waiting list incase there's a cancellation. Do I need to inform anyone about the wait time? Do I need to contact CIC? Or just give my panel physician a head's up that the testing is taking longer than expected?
I’m not sure about the things, but if u can contact the medical centre from where u did ur first medical, they will be able to give u the deadlines CIC has set. Contacting CIC can also be a good choice.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Just thought I'd update. I finally passed my medical on Sept. 10th. My heart murmur ended up being unremarkable (which is a good thing). My heart is healthy and I need no further testing.

Reactions: Mtille

2alipa

Apr 8, 2020
I received a Furtherance letter for medical exam (see below). I called the clinic where I performed my medical exam but they said they should receive the note first from CIC regarding the additional testing. So it seems that CIC already asked me to do additional medical tests but in my the clinic said they cannot find anything yet in my eMedical file

This refers to your application for permanent residence / temporary residence in Canada. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your e-Medical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled panel physician. A list of all panel physicians can be found here: The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Anyone knows what's going on here?
any updates on this? 3 years later, but im in the same situation thanks

Jan 21, 2021
Well, i am facing same situation and today i got the clearance from doctor and they are asking that email sent to the embassy and you get the comfirmation about exact clearance. So anyone cam tell me that everything is fine in the email ?

Reactions: aababuji

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Well, i am facing same situation and today i got the clearance from doctor and they are asking that email sent to the embassy and you get the comfirmation about exact clearance. So anyone cam tell me that everything is fine in the email ?
Hi Komal, which med. reason you had to go through? how long? did you take Medication for 6 months? Please let me know. Thanks!

Amycaur

May 20, 2021

Hi. We also got furtherance letter . Same situation spot on both lungs so talked to doctor and he asked us to do the sputum and x ray after 3 months. So my questions are:
Do we need to wait for a doctor to send us an email or anything written to get the sputum test done from any lab.
do we need to inform IRCC that our test result will be late as in the letter they mentioned only 60 days for the medical.
We just talked to the doc today and he was explaining on the phone so wasnt sure what should we do now?