+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FURTHERANCE LETTER FOR ADDITIONAL MEDICAL TEST

riteshbharatiya

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
I received a Furtherance letter for medical exam (see below). I called the clinic where I performed my medical exam but they said they should receive the note first from CIC regarding the additional testing. So it seems that CIC already asked me to do additional medical tests but in my the clinic said they cannot find anything yet in my eMedical file

This refers to your application for permanent residence / temporary residence in Canada. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your e-Medical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled panel physician. A list of all panel physicians can be found here: The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Anyone knows what's going on here?

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
i think if e-medical ,your doctors should have received the note first and wait for the instructions of additional tests from CIC. I suggest you can follow up with your physicians on this case....

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Hi,

I also got a letter for further medical test. Any idea what could be the issue

Though my urine and blood tests were negative.

Thanks

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Hi,

I also got a letter for further medical test. Any idea what could be the issue

Though my urine and blood tests were negative.

Thanks

you need to go to your physician and verify....

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Yeah will visit them on monday. I hope all will be well
cool, hoping it should be ok. In my case, they requested me for TB investigations, because of lung spots on the chest, turned to be ok, except that it caused some delay in the process....

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
cool, hoping it should be ok. In my case, they requested me for TB investigations, because of lung spots on the chest, turned to be ok, except that it caused some delay in the process....
I too got a furtherance letter,
So delay in the sense, how much delay should I expect?

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019
I am in the similar situation, I had TB 2 years ago and it was cured. I am a little nervous.. what do i make sure it goes well any tips from anyone who went through this situation and got it cleared ... I am going to meet my doctor tomorrow. Thank you!

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
I am in the similar situation, I had TB 2 years ago and it was cured. I am a little nervous.. what do i make sure it goes well any tips from anyone who went through this situation and got it cleared ... I am going to meet my doctor tomorrow. Thank you!
So when u go to medical, mostly from the xray it will be clear to them that u have some disease related to ur lungs which they are not sure if cured or currently persisting. So u might get a furtherance letter to do sputum test and x ray. Which takes about 3 months in time.

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
So when u go to medical, mostly from the xray it will be clear to them that u have some disease related to ur lungs which they are not sure if cured or currently persisting. So u might get a furtherance letter to do sputum test and x ray. Which takes about 3 months in time.
I too have gone through same situation. Just shared things from my experience. Thank u

Abdul Khan

Jun 17, 2019

Is there a way to save time on this? Because I applied for a work permit not sure if my employer will wait that long. What are chances of clearing the test?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a way to save time on this? Because I applied for a work permit not sure if my employer will wait that long. What are chances of clearing the test?
There are very good chances you will have to give a sputum sample and a repeat chest x-ray in 3 months. Canada has very low rates of TB except in some very specific populations and takes TB pretty seriously.

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
I too have gone through same situation. Just shared things from my experience. Thank u
I am in a similar situation, Have you passed the medical test? and how many months did it take?
Also, is the mail for furtherance test sent from the visa office handling once file ?