+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funeral back in the states

Jul 19, 2023
I applied for my PR through common-law (my partner is Canadian) which hasn't been officially processed yet. Thing is, my grandpa back home in the states is very sick and it's not looking good for him. Would I be able to travel home for his funeral even if my application isn't in process yet? Would my common-law partner need to come with me? Is there any forms I'd need to fill out?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my PR through common-law (my partner is Canadian) which hasn't been officially processed yet. Thing is, my grandpa back home in the states is very sick and it's not looking good for him. Would I be able to travel home for his funeral even if my application isn't in process yet? Would my common-law partner need to come with me? Is there any forms I'd need to fill out?
How long do you plan on going home? Do you have an OWP yet? Do you have a valid TRV?

Mortarion

Mar 19, 2024
I'm deeply sorry to hear about your grandpa's health. While awaiting your PR application, it's advisable to consult immigration authorities or a legal expert for clarity on travel permissions.