+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

funds when doing our landing**

GREYWOLF

Jul 1, 2012
I intend to do my landing this year in Toronto with my family (wife and 3 kids) and intend to stay for approximately a month (in Sept 2012) and return later for my final stay in Toronto in 2015 or earlier.

My query being when we do our landing in Sept 2012 we wil lhave to declare certain amount in cash and drafts however, when we return in 2015 or earlier, we would probably have a larger amount of funds with us as this would be our savings that we intend to take along during our final trip, should we declare the later anticipated funds in CAD during our landing in Sep 2012?

Your views and advise please.

Rgds,
GreyWolf

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
When you land, the officer asks if you have $10K or more in your pockets. If you don't, then don't say anything. The same question will be asked whenever you re-enter Canada. You can't and shouldn't declare any funds that may come in the future, since the questions are all for the present. Keep things simple. Also, watch for the amount of time you'll spent away from Canada. First, you won't be able to leave within one month since you'll have to wait for at least a couple of months to receive your PR card(s). Second, time your stay away very carefully -- I'd say you leave some buffer time since if you come to Canada in 2015, then you'll have to spend exactly two years inside Canada without exiting for even two days...

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally, you will have to declare amounts over 10,000. In your case you should be bringing more than this amount as it is part of your landing process to have the minimum required funds, that you showed when you applied for PR, available when you land. I don't know what the amount is for a family of 4, but I am guessing it is more than 15,000. You do not have to show it in cash, you can bring a recent bank statement, most likely they will only ask you what the available amount is, without actually counting or checking your statement.