+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds (proof) document required for Super visa

nuan0325

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all, I am applying for super visa for my mom through the new online portal and I get really confused about the funds documents.

In the document section, it asks for 2 documents about financial support.
1) proof of income of applicant's child (me), This is clear, which is NOA or T4 or employer letter, showing I meet the LICO
2) funds (proof): I am very confused about what they are asking for.
details below:
A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.
The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • bank statements for the past 4 months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of a student's education loan from a financial institution
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
The person must also provide evidence of their relationship with you. Depending on the type of relationship, this could mean a copy of a marriage certificate, phone records, birth registration, family documents or photos.
My questions are:
1) Is this just another letter other than the invitation letter, saying I will be providing, for example $20,000 for her stay?
2) But then it also says I need to include proof of sufficient funds. It seems the only one I can provide is bank statements. Do I really need to submit 4 months of bank statements?
3) The first option, proof of a Canadian bank account.... what does this mean exactly?

Thank you so much !!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all, I am applying for super visa for my mom through the new online portal and I get really confused about the funds documents.

1) proof of income of applicant's child (me), This is clear, which is NOA or T4 or employer letter, showing I meet the LICO
details below:
A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.
The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
The person must also provide evidence of their relationship with you. Depending on the type of relationship, this could mean a copy of a marriage certificate, phone records, birth registration, family documents or photos.
My questions are:
1) Is this just another letter other than the invitation letter, saying I will be providing, for example $20,000 for her stay?
2) But then it also says I need to include proof of sufficient funds. It seems the only one I can provide is bank statements. Do I really need to submit 4 months of bank statements?
3) The first option, proof of a Canadian bank account.... what does this mean exactly?

Thank you so much !!
1. Just invitation letter, including how you meet the requirement. No need to provide another letter explaining same thing
2. If you provide bank statements, yes 4 months period. Otherwise paystubs with employers letter or Notice of Assessment should proof
3. Just an emphasize that it should be Canadian Bank account, not oversee bank account

nuan0325

Mar 29, 2016
1. Just invitation letter, including how you meet the requirement. No need to provide another letter explaining same thing
2. If you provide bank statements, yes 4 months period. Otherwise paystubs with employers letter or Notice of Assessment should proof
3. Just an emphasize that it should be Canadian Bank account, not oversee bank account
So I submit NOA under “proof of income” and then pay stabs under “funds-proof”? Or under “funds-proof” it will have to be bank statements in this case?

I won’t be able to submit the application if I don’t upload documents in both sections.

Thank you

bunzo

Aug 11, 2022

details below:
My questions are:

Thank you so much !!
for my sister did , she only provide certificate of employment from Canada indicating the details, salary. she did not submit any bank account. the thing is you have to convinced that you can provide the need during their stay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I submit NOA under “proof of income” and then pay stabs under “funds-proof”? Or under “funds-proof” it will have to be bank statements in this case?

I won’t be able to submit the application if I don’t upload documents in both sections.

Thank you
You need proof of earned income which is why NOA is the preferred proof. You should provide bank statements for any accounts you have for proof of funds. Your parents should also provide proof of their funds and/or assets like property.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
for my sister did , she only provide certificate of employment from Canada indicating the details, salary. she did not submit any bank account. the thing is you have to convinced that you can provide the need during their stay.
Proof of salary is not enough. To meet LICO you must show that you have earned above that amount in Canada in the past tax year not that your salary meets LICO. That is why most do not qualify for supervisa for around a year after their arrival.

Reactions: lucasinho

nuan0325

Mar 29, 2016
You need proof of earned income which is why NOA is the preferred proof. You should provide bank statements for any accounts you have for proof of funds. Your parents should also provide proof of their funds and/or assets like property.
I am going to provide NOA for sure.

I am just not sure what's the second document I should provide, since they ask for 2 documents. Not confident to give bank statements since my chequing balance is usually only around $5000.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am just not sure what's the second document I should provide, since they ask for 2 documents. Not confident to give bank statements since my chequing balance is usually only around $5000.
I rather put the $5k in the savings. NOA + Savings account statement = 2 documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Proof of any banking accounts you have is usually what people submit and if you don’t submit bank statement then VO probably wonder why and assume you have minimal savings so 5k may be better than the VO assuming you have zero savings. Your parents should also include q copy of their bank statements.

Iranus92

Dec 21, 2022

details below:
My questions are:

Thank you so much !!
Hi @nuan0325, I have the same confusion and was wondering how you eventually went with it. Did you submit NOA and bank statements? and did it got your parents approved?

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Proof of any banking accounts you have is usually what people submit and if you don’t submit bank statement then VO probably wonder why and assume you have minimal savings so 5k may be better than the VO assuming you have zero savings. Your parents should also include q copy of their bank statements.
HOW MUCH BANK STATEMENT IS REQUIRED FROM MOTHER IN LAW,?SHE DOESNT HAVE INCOME AS SHE IS 65 PLUS..
CAN SON IN LAW APPLIED AS CO SPONSOR OF HIS WIFE BECAUSE WIFE IS A HOUSEWIFE ?

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have gone through this thread, I am applying for Super Visa for my parents. It got rejected twice due to some missing documents like
1) Firstly because I had bought the insurance on installaments and 2) Second time due to missing proof of relationship with my parents
I have bought the full Insurance and have procured doucments that show relationship to my parents.

I am stuck at the proof of funds - I do not have any savings, both Chequing and Saving are like a hundered dollars each. Hence, I think bank statement cannot be shown. I do meet the LICO, can provide Employment letter, pay stubs, became Canadian Citizen in 2019.
Parents bank account everything included together is approx $20, 000 and their house valuation is also there.

So, what should I provide in the proof of fund?

Also, @nuan0325 - Did you get your parents Super Visa, @Iranus92 did you manage to apply in the end and if yes what did you do about it? @bunzo did your sister got the visa in the end for the parents?

I @ some people but anybody is welcome to answer, please. Thank you so much in advance.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have gone through this thread, I am applying for Super Visa for my parents. It got rejected twice due to some missing documents like
1) Firstly because I had bought the insurance on installaments and 2) Second time due to missing proof of relationship with my parents
I have bought the full Insurance and have procured doucments that show relationship to my parents.

I am stuck at the proof of funds - I do not have any savings, both Chequing and Saving are like a hundered dollars each. Hence, I think bank statement cannot be shown. I do meet the LICO, can provide Employment letter, pay stubs, became Canadian Citizen in 2019.
Parents bank account everything included together is approx $20, 000 and their house valuation is also there.

So, what should I provide in the proof of fund?

Also, @nuan0325 - Did you get your parents Super Visa, @Iranus92 did you manage to apply in the end and if yes what did you do about it? @bunzo did your sister got the visa in the end for the parents?

I @ some people but anybody is welcome to answer, please. Thank you so much in advance.
I Applied for mother in law's supervisa with no bank statement of mine or my husband. We provided NOAs, T4s, employment letter, paystubs from our side and bank statement, & CA certificate of assets from mom. I combined all these docs and submitted under proof of fund.
We got visa approved By Gods grace. It may or may not work, depends on officer.