+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds (proof) document required for Super visa

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I Applied for mother in law's supervisa with no bank statement of mine or my husband. We provided NOAs, T4s, employment letter, paystubs from our side and bank statement, & CA certificate of assets from mom. I combined all these docs and submitted under proof of fund.
We got visa approved By Gods grace. It may or may not work, depends on officer.
Did you apply from India? How did you got the CA certificate?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Yes, applied from India. We gave a self declaration letter for gold, bank statement and letter from bank manager, and tax receipt for land to a CA. they checked it and gave the certificate.
My parents are in Delhi NCR. If you are comfortable, can you post the name of the CA which provides such services or I can DM you. Please confirm.

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
I Applied for mother in law's supervisa with no bank statement of mine or my husband. We provided NOAs, T4s, employment letter, paystubs from our side and bank statement, & CA certificate of assets from mom. I combined all these docs and submitted under proof of fund.
Thank you Anncs. I appericiate your response. This helps :), especially the fact that it worked for you. I agree with you it may not work for everyone that's why I will most likely seek advise form an Immgiration Agent or alwyer and other threads. I will keep you guys posted. Also, my parents are in India too!

nitish28

Feb 9, 2023
I have a question regarding proof of income requirements, how it is calculated before tax deduction(gross income) or net income( salary that is credited to the account).

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi all, I am applying for super visa for my mom through the new online portal and I get really confused about the funds documents.

In the document section, it asks for 2 documents about financial support.
1) proof of income of applicant's child (me), This is clear, which is NOA or T4 or employer letter, showing I meet the LICO
2) funds (proof): I am very confused about what they are asking for.
details below:
A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.
The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • bank statements for the past 4 months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of a student's education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
The person must also provide evidence of their relationship with you. Depending on the type of relationship, this could mean a copy of a marriage certificate, phone records, birth registration, family documents or photos.
My questions are:
1) Is this just another letter other than the invitation letter, saying I will be providing, for example $20,000 for her stay?
2) But then it also says I need to include proof of sufficient funds. It seems the only one I can provide is bank statements. Do I really need to submit 4 months of bank statements?
3) The first option, proof of a Canadian bank account.... what does this mean exactly?

Thank you so much !!
To ensure smooth processing of the Super Visa application, you as a son or daughter should include the following:

1. Notice of Assessments for at least three years.
2. Latest T4s if you have not already filed taxes for 2022.
3. Latest employment letter from your employer indicating your position and salary.
4. Bank statements from Canadian banks showing how much funds you have in savings.
5. Monthly bank statements for at least 6 months to show you have funds consistently in savings.
6. Invitation letter from you.
7. A copy of the affidavit signed by a notary in Canada reaffirming your financial support for your parent's visit.
6. If you are married, a copy of the marriage certificate.
7. Copies of Canadian passports (if you are a citizen).
8. Your birth certificate to show they are indeed your parents or some other documentary proof to show they are your parents.

Some other things you can do to speed up the application processing
1. Make sure they have included Biometrics info along with the visa application.
2. Completed medicals and include that info in their visa application.
3. Their financial details back home (assets, pension letters, bank balance etc.)

Good luck

Reactions: wasiqjaved

khan3434

Nov 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I need one piece of advice, I am applying supervisa for my mother, I am working on cash, which means I don't have good tax income, but in my bank, I have 50k, my question is if I only attach bank statement for supervisa and not T4/NOA for proof of funds/income is it acceptable ? or NOA is mandatory?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I need one piece of advice, I am applying supervisa for my mother, I am working on cash, which means I don't have good tax income, but in my bank, I have 50k, my question is if I only attach bank statement for supervisa and not T4/NOA for proof of funds/income is it acceptable ? or NOA is mandatory?
IRCC needs to see that you make LICO so having $50k in the bank doesn’t prove LICO. Even if you work cash, you will get T4 and NOA unless you aren’t declaring your income.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You should/can file taxes with cash income. The format of how you get the income doesn't affect if you report your income to CRA.
If you do not report any income to CRA then you do not meet LICO and do not qualify for super visa or PGP sponsorship.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
My sister is applying supervisa for my parents. She is a housewife but she will be showing NOA and T4 for her husband along with signed invitation letter. While applying online there are two option showing:
a) proof of income of the child and
b) funds(proof)

I have confusion regarding the b option. I have to upload the bank statement of my parents in that section or the bank statement of my sister?

Kindly guide me on this part.

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my father's SuperVisa. I too want to understand the difference between what to upload as "Proof of Income" & what to upload as "Funds (proof)"? I have the following documents:
1. NOA of last year (its a little shy of LICO requirements) - got a new job in 2023 with increased income that meets LICO requirements
2. T4 of last year
3. Employment letter showing latest yearly income (meets LICO requirements)
4. last 6 months pay stubs
5. last 6 months chequing & savings bank statements (not too much to show in them approx. 1.k average in savings and approx. 500cad in chequing)
6. can arrange a financial support declaration letter (self-attested) - not sure if it should be notarized

Which of these can I show in "Proof of Income" & which ones in "Funds(proof)"? Please help me resolve this dilemma. Thank you.

Alvinsia24

Jun 30, 2021
Have
Hi Everyone,

I have gone through this thread, I am applying for Super Visa for my parents. It got rejected twice due to some missing documents like
1) Firstly because I had bought the insurance on installaments and 2) Second time due to missing proof of relationship with my parents
I have bought the full Insurance and have procured doucments that show relationship to my parents.

I am stuck at the proof of funds - I do not have any savings, both Chequing and Saving are like a hundered dollars each. Hence, I think bank statement cannot be shown. I do meet the LICO, can provide Employment letter, pay stubs, became Canadian Citizen in 2019.
Parents bank account everything included together is approx $20, 000 and their house valuation is also there.

So, what should I provide in the proof of fund?

Also, @nuan0325 - Did you get your parents Super Visa, @Iranus92 did you manage to apply in the end and if yes what did you do about it? @bunzo did your sister got the visa in the end for the parents?

I @ some people but anybody is welcome to answer, please. Thank you so much in advance.
just wanted to check if your application was approved ? Also under proof of funds what document you use to support this ?

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Have

just wanted to check if your application was approved ? Also under proof of funds what document you use to support this ?
Hey, sure I would share, I know how it feels. Yes, the application was approved, it was a regular Visa NOT supervisa :
1) in 31 days approx (Same time as processing time for India in May 2023)
2) Under proof of funds - 3 years of T4&NOA, Employment letter, 3 months pay stubs ( 6 if biweekly 3 if monthly). From parents side - their bank statements showing INR equivalent of $20k, house evaluation. We did not have gold :( but if you have you can include some cert from CA/Jeweller on their name. If you have a vehicle in India and Canada, attaching the valuation would not hurt. People submit a net worth from a CA but I did not do that, but as always more is good than less !
Let me know if you have any more questions for me in general or in particular!

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hi! Just got confused with your response. 1st sentence you said no bank statement from you or your husband but on the 2nd sentence you said you provided bank statment. Can you please confirm? I will be applying for my mom's visa too and plan on not attaching bank statments.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi! Just got confused with your response. 1st sentence you said no bank statement from you or your husband but on the 2nd sentence you said you provided bank statment. Can you please confirm? I will be applying for my mom's visa too and plan on not attaching bank statments.
I think she meant bank statement and certificate of assets from her mother in law.