+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds and expenses question about 1294E form

Dynotronic

Jul 19, 2012
Hello!
I couldn't find a case like mine so I decided to ask. Here are the facts:

* My wife was admitted in a postgraduate program, she is applying for an student visa and I am applying for a working permit as her husband (companion).
* We are originally from Venezuela but we are applying from Ireland where we came to study English and take the IELTS.
* The program lasts for 2 years and the tuitions is 14k a year + expenses.
* We have enough money to pay for the studies ourselves and a little help of our parents but the money is back in our country and the Embassy doesn't accept bank statements from anywhere elsewhere but Canadian an English banks. (My parents even have a bank account in the US. I don't know if this would help but I just mention it).
* At the moment we have CAD 32k between the two of us in our European accounts which is enough for 1 year but not even close to enough for 2.
* We are kind of in a hurry because we have to go back to Venezuela soon.

My actual questions: What would be the best way to fill money related questions in the form 1294?
1. Should I put 1 or the whole 2 years of tuition and room and board? (14k or 28k)
2. Does she have to fill the room and board cost for just her or both of us? And how much it would be alright ether way? (one or two years)
3. The same question in 2 for "others".
4. How much should I said we have available? Should we mention 32k or more money (which we have but have no way to prove it)?
5. Should she say that her husband is paying for her expenses even though the money is in both of our accounts and I don't have any way to prove that I have the money back in my country? or
6. Should she say that my parents or her parents are helping? would and addidavit of support work without bank statements?

I guess its a pretty long question. I'm sorry for that but I'm really in a hurry and I don't want to be denied the visa. ;)
Thank you very much.

Nawtyp

Jun 8, 2012
Hello.You can use account statement from any bank in the world.It doesn't matter where the account is domiciled.

You have to put the whole 2years tuition,room and board.
You have to mention the amount that you can prove to the embassy.A bank statement is needed to prove the funds you have for your finances.
Yes,she can say her husband is the sponsor.
Yes ,she can say the parents are sponsoring as well.then,you have to provide a proof of the fund to the embassy.