+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funding to my Sister's study

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone!

My sister gets applied to one of the Canadian colleges and got accepted. she needs proof of fund to get the student visa. Can she use my bank statement as proof of income?
I am not living in Canada but I want to cover her expenses while she is studying one-year courses. any tips?

Thank you!

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

My sister gets applied to one of the Canadian colleges and got accepted. she needs proof of fund to get the student visa. Can she use my bank statement as proof of income?
I am not living in Canada but I want to cover her expenses while she is studying one-year courses. any tips?

Thank you!
Why don't you just transfer the money into her bank account?

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
Thank you for your reply!

she should have the money in her bank account for at least four months. we don't have that much time

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
Very important question!

Do someone who has a BSc degree can apply for Certificate courses?
People told me that impossible. If the person has a degree, needs to apply for undergraduate degrees and above not below his qualifications. if not the embassy will not issue the student visa. IS THAT CORRECT INFORMATION???

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She needs to show career progression in her home country. Why does she need to take a Canadian certificate course and how does it relate to her BSc and career.

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
She is a BSc nurse but she wnt to take the Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate course. It is related to her career but I am not sure if it can help her with career progression.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is a BSc nurse but she wnt to take the Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate course. It is related to her career but I am not sure if it can help her with career progression.
She has to show career advancement and in her home country. PSW is a program you can take out of high school. You don’t need to be a nurse.

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
I understand. She wants to study this specific program:confused: but if they know that she has a degree, they will not issue her visa. Is that must show to the embassy her highest level education? or do you think she can only provide her high school papers? (which she finished 5 years ago)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand. She wants to study this specific program:confused: but if they know that she has a degree, they will not issue her visa. Is that must show to the embassy her highest level education? or do you think she can only provide her high school papers? (which she finished 5 years ago)
I don’t get involved in misrepresentation & lying on applications.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Lying with eventually catch up with you. So she is 23 with no degree? What did she do all that time? Are you gonna lie about that too? When she applys for PR is she gonna lie there too? You know they can revoke your citizenship if you lied about anything to do with immigration. Even a felony doesn't have that kind of consequence.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Misrepresentation will result in a ban of 5 years from entering Canada.